turn off notification led when battery is low?

Last Updated:

1. kelcya

kelcya Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to turn off this light? Right now my battery is < 15% and it keeps flashing/blinking amber orange. Its pretty annoying if you have your phone on your desk because it keeps blinking.

Advertisement
  2. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

you can turn of the phone, and if it's just bothering you turn it upside down?

3. kelcya

kelcya Member This Topic's Starter

lol it is upside down now but was just wondering if you can customize it such that the low battery light notification is off.

4. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

hmm. well i am a little unfamiliar with your device if it isn't a droid

5. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

I wish there was more dev attention to the LED. (Or maybe there has been and they just can't do anything with it?)

The only option for any kind of notification is green. The red and orange are completely wasted on power.

I would love to have green for SMS, red for email, orange for missed calls. And NOTHING for low power/charge....

Ah well, can't have everything we want.

6. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

better to have a irritating flash when the battery is dying then to have nothing like the moment users. I do admit the orange flashing light is extremely annoying

7. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

Having had the moment for quite a while I must say I will take the annoying orange light over it any day.

When my battery was close to dead (majority of the time) the camera wouldn't work, the keyboard wouldn't light up, and the screen would dim and not budge. HATED IT.

8. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

1+ on that. I didn't enjoy that phone at all.

9. picturelights1

picturelights1 New Member

This illustration shows the top portion of the device when the red LED is on.
    A solid red LED can indicate that your BlackBerry device is turning on or restarting.
    This illustration shows the top portion of the device when the yellow LED is on.
    A flashing yellow LED can indicate that the battery power level is low and your device is charging.
    This illustration shows the top portion of the device when the green LED is on.
    A solid green LED can indicate that your device is plugged into a charger and that charging is complete.

Did this help you?