1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Turn off services running on screen

1. Mix1102

Mix1102 New Member

Hi, can anyone help me?
    How can I turn off services running on my screen? (take a look at the print screen)

Thanks

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

You don't. You leave them alone. Android manages its services and processes on its own. Intervening in the system will cause increase in battery drain and eventually lead to decrease in performance.

Uninstall any task manager and task killer you have if any. In fact, just ignore RAM at all. Android is designed so running with 90% of RAM used is normal and running with less than 70% used is abnormal.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Did you look at the picture? I think (s)he means the list of processes overlaying the homepage.

If I knew what does that I might have a suggestion. Are you sure it's not some widget?
  4. chanchan05

I looked at the picture. I assumed he/she was using some app to show us the services she wants killed?
  5. HJAcevedo

HJAcevedo Well-Known Member

What from and phone are you using?
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I hope not - some of those services are important ;)
  7. chanchan05

I know, which is why I said leave them alone. ;)
  8. KBoy420

KBoy420 Active Member

That's got to be a widget of some sort showing all those processes, or you installed a task monitoring app that has that programmed into it.

Not to hijack, but the first response indicated that running apps should be left alone, and that stopping them can decrease battery performance??? Is that at all accurate? I downloaded the Droid Advanced Task Killer and will kill all tasks periodically throughout the day. Should I not be doing that? Thanks.
  9. chanchan05

You shouldn't even be downloading any task killer.
    http://androidforums.com/android-applications/335110-why-you-dont-need-task-killer.html#post2681361

Stopping them will not only kill battery performance, but also phone performance eventually leading to lag. If you kill them, they will only run again because they are deemed by Android as necessary background processes. Killing+restarting processes = increase in battery use. Furthermore, Android only loads up the most used apps and processes. Since you kill them, they will be counted as a "use" and Android will load it everytime on top of the processes you actually do use, so the phone will start to slow down in trying to load the processes you kill but don't use, and the ones you actually use when you activate them. If the task killing has been going on for a long time, the phone's own system may get "addicted" to the task killer, unable to function properly without one. In such cases only a reformat would be able to save it. :)
    Hadron, Crashdamage and blahsaysmeu2u like this.