turn off sprint notificationsSupport

1. djcovarrubias

djcovarrubias Member

Recently started receiving notifications from Sprint for OTA update. Rooted, not interested. Can anyone tell me how to turn the sprint notifications off on the Epic4G?

Advertisement
  2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Well-Known Member

are you just rooted and completely stock otherwise? thats the only way you would be able to get the notifications as far as i know. if that is the case delete one of the stock apps like asphalt demo.
    djcovarrubias likes this.
  3. _Epic

_Epic Well-Known Member

If you are rooted and delete any of the stock Sprint bloatware then you will not receive the update notification. Or if you flash a new ROM that has EC05 as the base system then you won't receive the update notification.
    djcovarrubias likes this.
  4. djcovarrubias

djcovarrubias Member

Tried your suggestion. Deleted Sprint NASCAR with Root Explorer. Didn't get prompt to update for a couple of days, now it's asking me to install again. The file may have been downloaded already. Any ideas how to delete it/make it go away?
  5. anticitizenone

anticitizenone Well-Known Member

YES you can install one of the many custom roms - I like the midnight rom, it has all that crap removed

maybe you want the stock touckwiz interface - I am pretty sure there is a custom rom that has this, but if not who cares I got used to launcherpro in no time and will never go back