1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Turn off status bar

1. Roohound

Roohound New Member

Hi,

Is there anyway to turn off/disable the notifications from the status bar (systems bar at the bottom) without rooting the tablet?

My problem is I use LectureNotes to do handwritten notes and I end up pressing the clock (notifications) with my palm and having the notifications pop up.

I have no issue with the buttons on the other side of the screen (back and home) since i am right handed but is there a way to stop the notifications pop up happening when inside an app. or do I have no choice but to root? (LectureNotes can hide the bar if rooted).

Any relevant solutions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

After a few Google searches, unfortunately it seems like root is required to fully hide/disable it :(
  3. ChrisENote

ChrisENote Active Member

l have the same problem when using s-note. I'm not especially technical when it comes to phones + tablets so would rather not have to 'root' to stop it popping up all the time,
  4. ChrisENote

ChrisENote Active Member

Simply moving it to the left or top would help as I'm right handed,
  5. graham35

graham35 Well-Known Member

AAAhhhh so for the first time in my life, its actually helpful being left handed, as I don't get this problem