• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn off swipe up to dismiss call?

alhenderson

Nov 16, 2010
Northampton, UK
Morning All,

My father-in-law has recently got an HTC Wildfire S and is finding life a little frustrating (he's not very techy and generally struggles with such things!). I'm trying to make life as easy as possible for him, and there's one thing which he really struggles with - the swiping up to dismiss a call.

He's an electrician so gets lots of calls on his mobile, which is usually in his pocket. He doesn't want to put the phone in a case as its not as easy to get to, so he has screen protectors etc. So when the phone rings in his pocket, het pulls it out but in doing so something in his pocket swipes the screen up and dismisses the call, which is very frustrating for him. I've looked in the settings and can't see anywhere to turn this off.

Can it be turned off?

Thanks,
Al.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones