Turn off vibration for keyboard keysSupport

Last Updated: 2011-02-03 03:38:40
  1. abcd1234

abcd1234 Member

Whenever I am sending a message on my keyboard each key vibrates a little each time i press it down. It use to not do this and how can I eliminate this as it is annoying. I looked for it in settings but couldn't find it. Any help is appreciated. thanks!

Advertisement
  2. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Well-Known Member

Go to 'settings' then to 'Language and keyboard' click on 'Android keyboard settings' and make sure 'Vibrate on keypress' is unchecked. If that doesn't work go to 'sound and display' and uncheck 'haptic feedback'.
  3. abcd1234

abcd1234 Member

thanks for the help but unfortunately it doesn't work. I am talking about the hard keyboard that slides out not the soft one. their is nothing in device keyboard that handles this. and i could undo haptic feedback but i would rather not.
  4. [TheAndroid]

Haha then you just disable 'haptic feedback' for about 5 min, use the market, browse the web, and then after that time, go back and re-enable 'haptic feedback' and your keyboard will stop vibrating. Make sure you actually do something on your phone during that minimum of 5min.
  5. speeder760

speeder760 Well-Known Member

This use to happen to me, just turn off the phone and than turn it back on and it should b fixed.
  6. [TheAndroid]

I used to do that when I had EXT4, but since I forgot to during my last wipe... =.="