Turn on Screen requires pwr button?

Last Updated:

1. rotorrocket

rotorrocket Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to turn on the screen by other than the pwr button? It's become difficult to get to the pwr button with my new case. Droid X allows you to hit the "home" button. :confused: Thxs

Advertisement
  2. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Download an app called "no lock". It's free and will let you keep the lock screen from activating. You can place the widget on the home screen and just tap to unlock or tap to lock. The bonus (which is what you want) is that you can unlock the screen with either the volume buttons or the power button.

3. Bales

Bales Well-Known Member

I'm using an app called Widget Locker. It allows you to place widgets on your lockscreen. It will also allow you to use your volume buttons to wake the screen.

4. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

And to turn your screen off (sleep) without reaching for the power button - try Screen Off by Konreu. It's a free five-star download.

pkts likes this.
  5. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

Don't know if he just started charging for it but I paid $.99 and it was worth every penny. What a convenience to tap an icon and the phone goes to sleep.

6. jay2o01

jay2o01 Member

I just downloaded no lock. im wondering if there is a way to use the touch buttons to unlock the phone. It would be nice to use the home key for example, so i dont have to adjust my ringer volume each time i turn it on with the volume keys. I havent tried the paid app, is this something that I would be able to do should i buy it?

7. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

LockBot lets me turn the screen on with Volume button also

8. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

Probably not a good option to be able to wake your screen using the home button, etc... on the EVO because it's very sensitive (maybe a long press would be ok). it works well on the Incredible and Driod X as they are real buttons. imagine all the issues that would arise waking your phone up in your pocket, etc...

No lock or whatever app uses the volume rocker is the best option for the Evo.

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The only problem with that, is the touch buttons are not activated when the screen is off. That's one thing I REALLY miss about my old WinMo physical keyboard phone. I could hit any button and the screen would wake up. I really dont like hitting the same button hundreds of times a day. Im guessing the button will wear down or fail within a year.

10. jwade80

jwade80 Active Member

I use a combo of Screen Off and No Lock. With my seidio case, pushing down the power button is pretty difficult. That's where Screen Off comes in, its an on screen widget that puts the phone to sleep. No Lock, which was already mentioned, is great. The only downside being the volume notification sound it makes when you use the volume button to wake the phone. I've been trying to find a way to turn that notification (it sounds like a piano or something) off.

11. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a different case.

12. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

Yeah before it's (No Lock) most recent update 'No Lock' didn't make a sound when waking it up. Now it does, it's definitely annoying at times.