1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Turn phone off overnight when charging?Support

What do you do with your phone overnight?

1. Turn off phone

15 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Leave it on

105 vote(s)
    82.7%
  3. Turn off mobile network and other services

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

What do you guys do when charging the phone overnight? Do you guys turn it off completely, leave it on, or just turn off the mobile network? Which one is best for the phone in terms of battery life etc... I usually leave it on but notice that once its 100% charged the screen stays on at the lock screen which I assume is to offset the continous charge on the battery? Just looking for what I should do overnight.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

i just leave it on and plugged in
  3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I leave mine on and all the connections active.
  4. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

I learned to leave it on and plugged in. The first night I had it, I had it turned off and the alarm feature never went off to wake me up (I use my cellphone as an alarm clock).
    opplife likes this.
  5. gezzuzz

gezzuzz Well-Known Member

if i leave my phone off at any giving time people may die...

but seriously i think yall over thinking... its just a phone.. a cheap one too
    lamboh likes this.
  6. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Well-Known Member

Well in terms of battery life, when u wake up, however u configure your phone, its gonna be 100% (if that's what you're asking)

On a sidenote, u brought up a good idea of turning off mobile network cuz I rely on phone alarm, but always have those inconsiderate ppl calling me or testing me late in the night.

Sent from my iPhone killer.
  7. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

The ringer and alarm are separate. I use Quick Profiles to set up a sleep profile that turns the ringer down or just to vibrate and keeps the alarm up. I also have a vibrate and normal profile. They have shortcuts you can put on your home screen so each one is one touch away.
  8. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Since I've been using smartphones I never turn them off.
  9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I dont' use the house phone, nor do I ever answer it, so I need my phone on 24/7.
  10. sweteg

sweteg Well-Known Member

All of these battery threads are becoming unnecessary now. You guys are stressing out way too much over the battery if you want to cut off your phone overnight lol. Unless you got a bad batch of batteries and/or one of those who claim to be getting less than a few hours, then just enjoy your phone. Realistically, you'll probably update to a new phone in a year or so. If you keep stressing about the battery on every phone you get, you won't ever fully enjoy the phone for what it suppose to be.
  11. opplife

opplife Well-Known Member

So just plug in and let it do the timeout thing and it will still charge?
  12. [​IMG]

You don't want to miss them.

Mine is on all the time.
    v01rider likes this.
  13. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

All three options in your poll will result in full battery life in the morning when you wake up.

There's an option under Settings > Display to turn your screen off when it's charging. Not sure if that's what you're describing. Sounded like you're saying that the screen only came on after 100% charge, which has never happened with my phone.
  14. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

I don't charge mine overnight. If I did though, I'd leave what I normally leave on and have it plugged in.
  15. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

If I plug it in, it stays on just in case I need to be reached.
    I reboot my phone in the morning about...once a week.
  16. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Same here. I don't charge over night.

No matter what the % battery is left when I go to bed, it never drops more than 2-5% (almost always only 2%) over night. So no big deal to me to go to bed with the phone on, not charging, with 15% battery left. I don't push it past 15% in case I get a call, calls can drain it pretty fast, but I also keep the charger with me...so no big deal there either. I charge mine in the mornings at work. Stays plugged in almost all day while I stream/listen to tunes.
  17. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

must be nice to have a job where you can charge/stream/listen to tunes while at work:mad:
  18. PSULightingGuy

PSULightingGuy Active Member

I've heard turning it off gives better battery accuracy, but true or not, I don't want my phone reminding me of TXTs all night (using Missed Call) so it's easier just to shut it off when I go to sleep...
  19. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I leave mine on all the time. Usually the ringer doesn't bother me when I am sleeping. The only thing that wakes me up is the alarm clock...