1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

turn phone on using alarm?

Last Updated:

1. avgazn91

avgazn91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I'm not sure if this has been asked, I've searched the forums and didn't turn up with anything.

I was wondering if it is possible to set an alarm and turn the phone off. Then when it is time for the alarm to go off, the phone turns on and everything is good again.

I've had this function with a lot of my older phones, but I can't seem to find hte option with my Captivate.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't do it automatically because I just tried it, making an alarm for 2 minutes later, turning off the phone and waiting.

Sooo... hopefully I'm just an idiot and I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

This is a smartphone and when you turn it off it turns off completely and you can only turn it on using the power button.

Why do you want to turn the phone off at all? Why not just use flight/ airplane mode?

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how other phones manage this. Typically if something is off, it's off. If I turn my computer off, there's not a program in the world I can use to turn it back on at a predetermined time. Now, I could possibly use another computer and send it magic packets at a set time and turn it on that way, but I'd need another computer to do that. I couldn't have a stand alone system that would do it.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Plus you need a wired connection.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

That's an odd comment. There are smartphones that have auto on/off. Obviously, the device doesn't completely shut down to have such capability.

There's an in-between state for such devices so that all functions are disabled aside from the ability to automatically (or manually) power on.

That said, it would be good to know exactly what the OP is attempting to do as there may be alternatives (profiles, airplane mode, Tasker, etc).