Turn vibrate off text!Support

1. SSImpala06

SSImpala06 Member

This is annoying me to death. I just bought this phone, and am a COMPLETE droid noob. I need to know how to disable the vibrate feature when I'm sending a text message because it kills my battery life. I hate that it vibrates every single time I click a letter! PLEASE HELP!
    Also, can I disable the Facebook contact auto sync? I have many duplicate contacts now, and I just dont want unneeded things on my phone.
    Thanks a lot for the help folks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

There should be a setting in your "keyboard settings" to disable vibrate on keypress, or you want to look for something called "haptic feedback".
  3. SSImpala06

SSImpala06 Member

Awesome, thanks. Also, is there a way to disable the facebook auto-sync to contacts? it's nothing but trouble and it makes duplicates of everyone, for some reason it won't merge with the current contact list.
    Thanks
  4. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Well-Known Member

Actually, the FB contact SYNC can be a bit annoying, until you get used to it. You don't have to have duplicates.

Go into ONE of the contacts (the phone version), Click the MENU button and choose "EDIT." Then, when the edit screen opens, click the MENU button again and choose "JOIN." Pick the FB version of the contact.

This will merge them into one contact. The advantage here is that, if any of your FB friends update their contact info on FB, you get that on your phone.
    SSImpala06 likes this.
  5. SSImpala06

SSImpala06 Member

Perfect. That is actually a pretty neat feature. Thanks for the info!!!