Turned off phone and then turned it back on and now won't boot up..Support

Last Updated:

1. psychoskullz55

psychoskullz55 New Member This Topic's Starter

So my Samsung Moment was going pretty slow so I thought I'd reboot it to refresh it but now it just stays on the Samsung glowing sign. The screen will go dark as if to boot up but just ends up going back to the Samsung glowing letters.. ugh this phone is a mess! Why would they release something so unstable!? :mad:

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Is your phone rooted? Are you running any custom roms/kernels/librarys anything like that? If so reflash to stock using the sprint upgrade tool and start over. If no reflash with the sprint upgrade tool and start over.

3. NotPortlyNJ

NotPortlyNJ Member

Does it just get to starting to draw the Sprint logo? Mine did that a while back. Long story short, the SD card was corrupt. For a quick test, remove it and try booting.

4. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

mine did the same thing. i finally got it into download and started fresh with stock 2.1. but i had already called sprint and they are sending me a new phone, so it doesnt matter.

5. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Yea, if you can get into download mode then you can fix 95% of anything that goes wrong with the phone by flashing stock DE03.

6. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

ok first off you need to post a little more info other than my phone won't boot..... ok are you running stock de03 or a custom kernal,rom.... we can help but need a little more info otherwise it will be a stock reboot like dntesinfrno said.

7. Robalboa

Robalboa New Member

You dont need to flash nothing the problem causing the boot loop is a launcher or home app that you installed (Thus the root Problem) if you take the battery out put it back in plug in the charger and let it charge for about ten minutes. Next unplug the charger and start the phone. What i did was just set it down and walked away while it was rebooting because i had that loop problem and was trying for an hour to start my phone. any way when you come back the phone will be working but you have to go and unistall any launcher or home apps (the ones that give you more screens and such) snd imediately your phone will make you smile again cause it will work perfect again.