1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Turned on phone today and got "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!"

1. morkys

morkys Member

At night before I go to sleep, I often turn off my phone and plug in the USB to AC charger. Today when I went to turn it on, I got the screen with the Android guy in the Hazard Yellow triangle shovelling and "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!"

I don't know how it happened, unless maybe I pressed the on button a little too long and that somehow caused this.

I am going to leave it be for a few hours, but it's only connected to the usb to AC charger. No idea what to do. Should I try the on button again? Take out the battery? Is it bricked?

I am pretty sure I have gingerbread or whatever the latest update was.

thanks in advance for any help,

:)

Advertisement
  2. morkys

morkys Member

A friend suggested I may have accidentally put the phone in download mode by pressing power and volume at the same time. I turned it off by pressing the button for a long time (I tried that the first time and it didn't work, and I was worried about screwing it up)...and it turned on and all is good. Oh well. There you go.
  3. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Well-Known Member

:D :D :D
    These things happen. But for future reference, Volume down + Home key + Power button = Download mode, whereas Volume up + Home + Power = Recovery mode.

Ray.
    mdteletom likes this.
  4. skyepilot2

skyepilot2 New Member

Um while turning my phone off I got this message, I held the button to turn it off now and it is not working the only thing I can think of is to take out the battery but I am worried that will damage the phone.... what do I do?
  5. tomfanning

tomfanning Member

My galxy s1 only shows icons of a cell phone, a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and a pc! I can't do a thing with it:(
  6. mdteletom

mdteletom New Member

This is one time when having these internet forums pays off! Thanks for the help in getting my wife's phone up and running.