Turning Facebook for Android Notifications off - Samsung Galaxy S

1. AJP123

AJP123 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm using the Facebook for Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S running Froyo (Android 2.2), and despite my best attempts, I can't turn the notifications for Facebook off. Going into the settings for the Facebook app and unchecking the Notifications option doesn't do the trick; I still get that annoying little icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen indicating that someone commented on a status or something.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or is it a known bug in the software?

Thankyou!

Advertisement
    :
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Recalling back to when the last update was released, yes, I think it's a bug..or actually an intended feature, but I don't think you can turn them off.

Most people couldn't get them to send at all, so maybe you are lucky?
  3. AJP123

AJP123 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... silly bugs. But why would they have a checkbox that turns notifications off if it doesn't work?
  4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I think that box if for only the notification types listed there. The newest version has 2.2 style push notifications for all types of events. You can turn off the former but not the latter, at least that's what I think.

The notification system is a mess. Read the threads around the time this version came out.