• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turning google maps around

Google maps always points North, use Navigator instead, the free satnav app; you can select driving or walking; it's a great satnav

the compass, I thought was on the new version of Sense, so not available for this Desire just yet

The Navigator is really slow in loading maps, so not cool with that, I bought CoPilot, seems to work fine. And only $20(us)

Upvote 0
Im using a Desire...
In navigation (which uses googlemaps), at the top left is an arrow (the compass needle), i'm sure that when you click this it changes the follow mode? or maybe im going mad... :0)

I have a distinct feeling that 90% of the folks here are on the other side of the big pond. So maybe that means there is a GSM version on the Desire? I have the CDMA, and my googlemaps doesn't have an arrow pointing north. Oh well, went and spent $20 on CoPilot and it allows me to choose to always point north or direction of travel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones