• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turning off all network coverage..

When you first put airplane mode on, it may indeed turn wifi off. However, you can simply turn it on again. Try it ;)

Well f@ck me sideways, I didn't know that. Excuse me for now asking a bloody daft question, but doesn't that defeat the object of airplane mode? I thought the idea was to turn off all radio transmissions from the phone.

Upvote 0
Well f@ck me sideways, I didn't know that. Excuse me for now asking a bloody daft question, but doesn't that defeat the object of airplane mode? I thought the idea was to turn off all radio transmissions from the phone.

No, wifi is different to mobile networks. Mobile network transmissions can interfere with instrumentation, wifi doesnt.

Infact some airplanes now have wifi networks.

Upvote 0
Fair enough.

...and it's aeroplanes in the UK;)

Indeed, however if a menu or folder item spells something incorrectly (eg airplane mode / program files), I tend to stick to the incorrect spelling for the duration of the conversation, if I had already refered to it using its visible name ;)

I prefer consistency over correct English spelling when we refer to something universal

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones