• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turning off Gmail Notifications

Hi! I'm having problems with my new Fascinate. No matter what I do, it insists on sending me notifications when I get email. I don't want it to. So, I turned it off in the mail settings. Under Email Check Frequency, I put Never. But withing a few hours, I'd get a notification for email. I'd check the settings and it would have reset itself to Every Hour. So, after days of trying to make this work, I thought, well, I'll let it tell me I have email but I'll change the notification sound to something different than the sound for a text message. So, I changed it. Next time I got an email, it had changed itself back again. And I've obviously unchecked the Email Notifications part as well. :(

How do I make this stop?? I either want it to stop telling me that I have email or for the notification sound to change so I know that it's not a text message.

Help!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones