Turning off Screen During CallSupport

Last Updated:

1. madmaxmarchhare

madmaxmarchhare Active Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies if this has been answered before...

When I'm making a call and pull it away from my ear to look up something on the phone itself, the screen stays on. Is there any way to turn off the screen before the timeout occurs (assuming this will happen at all). I don't want to hit the hangup/red button, obviously, since I'm sure that would end the call I'm on.

Thanks, in advance.

Advertisement
  2. N*TE

N*TE Well-Known Member

they might be something wrong with your sensor...try switch ears (seriously) or/and hitting the "home" button after you you've answered

3. madmaxmarchhare

madmaxmarchhare Active Member This Topic's Starter

I did try the "home" button (I'm not sure quite when you're trying to get me to hit it) after I was done looking up what I needed to see.. but, it took me to the home screen.. go figure. But, you're saying that I should be able to put the phone back up to my ear and the screen will blank? Maybe I was just sitting there waiting for the screen to blank out and didn't put it by my ear.. hmm

4. amberb53

amberb53 Well-Known Member

Try just putting your fingers over the 3 little dots just to the left of the Sprint logo while on the call. It should go black. If not, you may have a sensor problem.

5. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

If your on a call and need to go back to the call menu after hitting home hit the green phone button and then the proximity sensor should go active once again. then just cover the sensor.