Turning off the screen unlock pattern

Last Updated:

1. shuzo

shuzo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, it's easy enough to turn on the unlock pattern security feature and it was fun to give it a try but now I'm just wondering - is there any way to turn it off?? I've tried searching and even in the user guide it says nothing about being able to disable it. If anyone knows how to do this/whether it is possible please let me know - only because I'm finding it kind of annoying now!

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

1. Go to "Settings ->Security ->Require pattern" (note that this item has a check mark)
    2. Enter your pattern
    3. The pattern will be unset (note that this item no longer has a check mark)
    Unfortunately, you can't just toggle this on and off, you need to go through the "specify a new pattern" every time you want to turn this back on.

3. shuzo

shuzo New Member This Topic's Starter

Wow I feel stupid - how did I miss that!! Thanks a lot for your reply KlaymenDK :)

4. Pistolpete2

Pistolpete2 New Member

This is a question specifically for the htc hero. To leave standby mode you have to flip a bar downwards before you can enter your unlock pattern. Is there any way to configure the phone so that I don't need to flip that bar downwards. Because of the pattern you have to enter afterwards the functionality of the bar becomes zero.

5. bunt83

bunt83 Well-Known Member

Just press the menu button twice to bypass the initial screen and go directly to the pattern unlock screen...

6. Pistolpete2

Pistolpete2 New Member

Great tip, thanks!