Turning on 4G Makes my EVO Sluggish...Support

Last Updated:

1. Se7en2

Se7en2 Member This Topic's Starter

My apologies if this has already been discussed in a previous thread, but I tried to search and didn't see it mentioned...

It seems here lately that whenever I turn on my 4G radio (I'm in a 4G area), my phone becomes very sluggish. Browsing and pinch-to-zoom using the Dolphin Browser becomes stuttered, swiping between home screens is delayed, pretty much anything I do is slower. I've killed all apps, but still get the same results. Once I turn the 4G off, the phone works fine. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. It seems to be counter-productive to have a faster data speed when it makes your phone slower, basically canceling each other out.

Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Jonhern

Jonhern Well-Known Member

i have experienced the same thing today, just got 4g in my city. Are you rooted? I am running a custom kernel, going to go back to stock kernel and see if that helps.

3. Se7en2

Not rooted, standard 2.2 froyo.

4. asperry1

asperry1 New Member

Been having the same problem, but I have no solution to offer. standard 2.2

5. Se7en2

Since I still haven't been able to find a solution for this, I'm going to do a factory reset and start from scratch. If that doesn't work, I think I'll see if I can exchange it. I'll keep you posted.

6. mikevo

mikevo Well-Known Member

Sound like a problem cuz I'm in LA and no 4g yet (ok I'm am right now cuz I found a tower that is testing.10.55 download speed!) Mine does the same and I called sprint about it a month ago and they said till wait to see if it does it when 4g is live. Mine does it once in a while. I just reboot the phone then it acts normal. My bro in law got his about 3 weeks after i did and he has the same issue. Is complain to sprint so they can track this. Maybe the 4g radio needs to be tweaked?

7. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

8. migsnj

migsnj New Member

I'm having the same problem.

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

have nay of you tried the method of turning on 4g via the settings menu rather than using the widget. some seem to think it makes a difference. others have installed a leaked update that may be released ota soon and that appeared to fix the problem for them