Turning on USB Storage removes a few of my apps...

Last Updated:

1. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have this weird issue with my newly rooted Droid, whenever I turn on USB Storage, five apps that I have (ShootMe, Factbook, Dictionary.com, TTS for google translate and Battery Gauge Widget) remove them selves from my phone.

I did some searching around my phone and realized that all five of these apps are in a folder called ".android_secure". What can I do about this annoying problem? Can I move them into another folder where all my other apps are or something? Anyone else have a similar problem?

Advertisement
  2. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

You have these apps moved to the SD card... move them back since the SD card is unmounted for droid access when you have it mounted to be accessed by your other computer

ZZMitch likes this.
  3. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

Did you install a ROM that enables apps2sd? If so, that's your problem, as the apps can't be accessed from the SD card when it's mounted over USB. To move them back to the internal storage, start on the home screen. Then go to Menu:Settings:Applications:Manage Applications, and (in succession) select each app and hit the "Move to phone" button.

ZZMitch likes this.
  4. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

Seems that these apps are installed on the SDCard. I think (I'm not an expert) that if they are installed on the SDCard, then they are not accessible by the system just like any other part of the SDCard is not available to the system when the SDCard is mounted.

Hope this helps...

5. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, got it.

So what happens when in froyo most apps will be in the sd card? Will this happen again?

6. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

Just like right now when you have the card mounted, you can't use the droid to access the SD card, and if you try to run an app that needs access to the SDCard, you will get an error.

I don't think that any system apps or widget apps will be moved to the SDCard. Then again, like I said in my other post, I'm no expert on the matter.

Good luck!

Edit:
    Seems I read something several months ago of an app that will allow simultaneous mounting and access. However, I can't confirm this.

7. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

It's called Dual Mount SD Widget (but shows up in the widget list as SD Share). I use it constantly -- I never pull down the notification panel and mount my SD that way. It's one of my favorite apps because you can mount the card and access everything from your PC, while you still have complete access to everything on your SD card from your Droid.

johnlgalt and xmr405o like this.
  8. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't know about that app. Thanks

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

First I ever heard of this one - just bought a new app!

Thanks, GLD