turning phone into "ipod"-like deviceGeneral

1. movingup

movingup New Member

I have an Optimus S, but going to another phone. So, what do do with the one I have? I have a son who is very tech advanced (almost too much, and he's only 6), Can I still use it as a Wifi Device for my son, so that he can play games and go online with the phone without actually using it as a phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Yes, I would put it in airplane mode and then manually turn on WiFi so he doesn't accidentally call 911. It is also a good idea to pin lock purchases and in app purchases in the Play store. It is under settings. In there you can also set a content rating for apps in the Play market, which is also a good idea.

My 5 year old ran my retired D2 for a long time until I gave it away. Now he has his own Nexus 7.
  3. movingup

movingup New Member

Could I just create him own gmail account that has no credit card attached to it, so that he could only download the free stuff.
  4. Unforgiven

You could, I did that with my son (the email address part) BT I already purchased dozens of apps for him to play and wanted him to still have those, so he uses it under my account.
  5. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

When I was six, my dad got me an Etch-a-Sketch and a box of Lincoln Logs. I was bamboozled.
    StarScream2109 and Rxpert83 like this.
  6. Unforgiven

Me too my friend, me too. Times have changed.:rolleyes:
  7. jefboyardee

So if a generation of child Etch-a-Sketchers lead to a generation of child Androiders, what the hell will the next generation get for their sixth birthday?
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Virtual Reality chips in their head or something :D
  9. jefboyardee

Completely believable and practically predictable. I think the Borg showed us something that we