Turning screen on

Last Updated:

1. alowen

alowen Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, i took delivery of my htc desire yesterday and so far so good. I had a hero previousley and loved that too.

My question is: is it only the power button on top of the phone that activates the screen from sleep mode?

Also, how do i get the weather widget location to update to my current location as i move around the county/country?

Thanks in advance

Al

Advertisement
  2. solo170

solo170 Active Member

far as i know yes thats the only way to unlock the phone from sleep.

To answer your second question: Go to settings/ Accounts& Sync- and Under Manage accounts go into "Weather"/ Account settings/Update schedule/..
    This will allow you to update your weather every hour

Hope that helps

3. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Yes the power button is the only button that will wake your phone from sleep mode.

If you go into Settings > Location > and click Use wireless networks your weather widget should change location when you travel around,although in my experience it does not work every where.

4. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I normally leave GPS on. If i've travelled somewhere, i just go to the weather widget and within a few seconds it will update to the current location.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It will still find your location without having to keep gps on tho (although I do keep it on), it will use your network if no gps is available.