Turns off by itself.Support

Last Updated:

1. jake111

jake111 Member

My Galaxy S111 turns itself off while it's in the porch, does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. lynnwilliam

lynnwilliam Well-Known Member

What rom are using?
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Don't bring it on the porch :p
    Nah, just kidding:)
    And to add to lynnwilliams question, what are you doing at the time it shuts off?
    And does it reboot itself or do you have to power it on manually?
  4. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

It's what they call in the tech world, an 'undocumented feature'.

Okay, now that I got the wise guy out of me, as mentioned,can you tell us anything else going on?
  5. air1keh

air1keh Member

I had the same thing take place. I was in a meeting in a conference room with the phone flat on the table. I was not touching it. I happened to glance out of the corner of my eye and the phone was restarting/rebooting.

The phone is in wifi mode in the office. I am not rooted and really don't have a lot of stuff installed. I use the phone primarily for business.

I noticed this happen once before and thought that I must have pushed a button, but now I'm not so sure. The last time it happened was a couple of months ago so it's not consistent.

Now that others seem to be having issues, I'll watch for it.
  6. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

On my old phone, what helps is shutting down the phone completely, removing the battery, cleaning the battery contacts and putting the battery back in. I suggest you try this to see if it makes any difference. If it is a battery seating/contacts issue, this will fix it.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

porch or pouch?
    im not bein a wiseguy i swear!
  8. jake111

jake111 Member

Pouch, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
    funkylogik likes this.
  9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Lmao its ok bro :)
    Any luck?
  10. jake111

jake111 Member

I got a clip instead of my pouch and it hasn't done it since.
  11. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Don't know why it turned itself off. Glad it's not and if it is let us know. :)
  12. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I put it in the pouch on Monday, and looked at it again on Saturday and it had turned itself off. What gives?