Turns off for no reasonSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tonckawa

Tonckawa Member

I have owned my Nexus for 3 weeks now. I have experienced my Nexus just shutting off for no reason. It has not been doing the same thing. Once I was setting up pictures to my contacts, another was looking through the Marketplace and lastly once when I was downloading an app. Did not wnat to turn back on right away. Had to hold the power button longer than normal to turn back on. :confused:

I have also experienced issues when playing Angry Birds, it would not let me out of the game. There was no back button, no Home button. It would not show up. Only had a cascading option. Had to turn off the phone and wait a few minutes and turn back on. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Alot of gsm/ vzw nexus is doing it no fix . mine doing it as well.
    Tonckawa likes this.
  3. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

he is right.. call and get it replaced
  4. Tonckawa

Tonckawa Member

Hate to replace it if there is no fix. Just get another one doing the same thing. I have my current one setup the way I like it.
  5. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

ya but if it is a software or possibly a hardware issue it needs returned. Do a factory reset and try it out. but i would return it if all else fails
  6. Tonckawa

Tonckawa Member

From all the other issues I have seen on this forum, I feel lucky to have only one minor problem and it doesn't happen all the time. I will tough it out for now. I have until Feb 6 to change my mind.
  7. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

My first one did this 4 times within a month. Not a lot I know but I have to have my phone in case of a recall for the military. I took it back and swapped it out and the new one has even done it once so far.
  8. You will have to be lucky i am on my 4th now still reboots, i getting the droid razr maxx. sad but google failed on this one for now anyways.
  9. val88

val88 Well-Known Member

Happened to me a few times but I think I have figured it out. The first one seems like a bug. I have facial recognition. Twice I just wanted to check the time so I opened the phone and before the facial recognition came up I put the phone back to sleep. In both cases, my phone turned itself off. So I stopped doing that and now I give it at least a few seconds before I put it back to sleep and lock.

Today, it shut down again. But this time it was different. My phone was fully charged and this morning I switched to 4G to download something. Afterwards I didn't switch back to 3G. My 4G connection is always on/off. A few hours later the phone is dead with 0% battery.

As for reboots, that has never happened to me luckily. Price we pay as early adopters. But I expected it as much so I can deal with it.
  10. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

wonder if a rogue app not ready for ICS would do this?