Turns off when connected to computerSupport

1. sriram16396

sriram16396 Member

Guys, my xperia mini pro turns off everytime its conected to my system for more than 15 or 20 mins can u tell me d reason and if possible even the solution

Thanks in advance......

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

That's the first time I have seen this one, I don't suppose you have access to a secondary PC you can connect the phone to so that we can isolate the cause of the problem? Also can you please verify if the handset is showing itself as charging when connected to the PC?
  3. sriram16396

sriram16396 Member

like what happens is when connected i open d memory storage part and while tranferring the filesin the meantime it turns off and the tranferring dialoge box also stops responding

the buttons on the phone allso wont work and it bcomes necessary to remove d battery and turn it on again
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

I would advise first running a software update to try to resolve this issue. If this does not work you may need to perform a format of the memory card of the handset as this seems to only happen when the card is mounted.
  5. sriram16396

sriram16396 Member

lyk ive formatted it many times and even updated it 2 times but only that specific issue is not resolved yet
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

To be honest, if you have tried both formatting and updating the handset on a number of occasions then the only other option left is to have the handset looked at by a suitable repair agent.
  7. sriram16396

sriram16396 Member

but i dont think here in hyderabad i can get a good repair agent and even if i go those guys will just try to take money frm me even before the problem is resolved
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

Unfortunately I do not have another option given the problem you are experiencing and what you have tried to resolve it sorry.
  9. sriram16396

sriram16396 Member

no problem buddy btw do u have id in any of d social networking sites like facebook,orkut or etc...
  10. Sam-SonyXperia

11. sriram16396

sriram16396 Member

ohkk no problem :)
  12. Sam-SonyXperia

Good luck and please do let us know how you go after having it looked at by a repair agent.