Turns on but doesnt stay on!Support

Last Updated:

1. mzyokii

mzyokii New Member This Topic's Starter

After charging the xperia x10 for hours, it would turn on and "POWER OFF" box will appear and turns my phone off completely. It would also state that my phone only has 2% battery life left. Would anyone know whats going on? Or any good tips?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Are you using the stock charger that came with the phone because they are very sensitive to the type of charger. I used my sons LG plug in error (they are are all black and look the same!) but it wouldn't charge it.

The other problem that I have heard reported is a faulty connector in the phone usb socket. Does the phone work with the USB on the computer? This is not an efficient way to charge it btw, but it will indicate whether the connections are good or not.

If the phone doesn't respond to the computer then I would suggest that it needs to go in for a repair. You can use a seperate battery charger and this will work but when it comes to doing anything else with the phone... updates/repairs/transferring media etc you need that USB socket to be functioning.

3. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

This is what mine was doing, powered up turned off, self powered up to 1st se logo then off on off then refused to turn back on at all?? and like you said discharged the battery too from 100%-2%?!?!?!?, vodafone still have mine at the moment total of 4 weeks all together now...
    (2nd time now 1st time they told me nothing wrong with it ggrrrr)
    vodafone have become a terrible network lately

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Why aren't they just issuing you a new or refurbished phone, rather than having you wait and possibly go without a phone for weeks on end? Or at least send you a loaner (Apple does this) until yours is fixed. The bottom line here is they should be doing all that is possible so you can retain the use of your phone, which is probably your only phone since home landline phones are almost a thing of the past. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, it makes sense and herein is the problem, LOL. I would be demanding on of the above at a bare minimum, if that hasn't been done already....

5. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member