Turtle Beach x41 and XBL Marketplace....

Last Updated:

1. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, today after trying to download stuff from the market place, it would always stop the download after 2% or so. The problem kept happening for about 30 minutes. All this time, my x41 receiver was on, and they use 2.4GHz frequency to communicate with the headset. Turned it off and it worked like a charm. So if anyone has x41s and have problems with a WIRELESS xbox live connection, turn them off...

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Every time i consider getting one of those headsets, I can't ever seem to justify the price tag.

3. ttaylor0024

lol i got mine cheaper from a friend who bought Astros. I am selling a pair of tritton ax360s though. 5.1ch dolby sorround sound. $70 :) they are nice if you want to get them :p haha (if you cant tell, I want to sell them lol)

4. El Blacksheep

lol nah, if i'm gonna drop all that money on headphones it's gonna be the best or none at all :p

but GL selling them

5. ttaylor0024

It was worth a shot :p

"The Best" is currently $340 shipped lol

6. El Blacksheep

hmm, something new is out then? last i checked the best was either the turtle beaches (for wireless) or the astros for wired, both around $200ish

7. ttaylor0024

yeah, a friend said astros were 340 shipped. Im pretty sure 150+tax+shipping is less than 340 though :p

8. El Blacksheep

9. ttaylor0024

Yeah, either way its wayyyy too much for me. I am paying $130 for my x41s...

10. El Blacksheep

I took a look at the A30s (newer). Big pricetag, yes, but I like what they deliver. I can use it for my 360, my PC, my Droid, my PSP... basically everything. If I ever got back into PC gaming (with Diablo 3 lurking around the corner, that can happen) or used Skype more often, these would be useful there as well. I'll wait for Astro to run some kind of promotional discount and maybe I'll pick up these.

11. ttaylor0024

my trittons can do that :)

12. El Blacksheep

lol.... this thread convinced me to buy the A30s >>

ordered em last night, i'll let you know how awesome they are when they arrive :)

13. ttaylor0024

2 of my friends have them. I still love my x41s :) Less than half the price, and still amazing sound!

14. El Blacksheep

lol, one thing the pictures hides very well... the A30 + MixAmp system is a wired mess!

I've got HDMI going from the 360 to the TV, TOSlink from the TV to the MixAmp, Mic audio from the controller to the MixAmp, a quick disconnect cable going from the MixAmp to the Astros, and a USB cable going from the MixAmp to the 360 as a power source.

And I've still got plenty of spare cabling (mobile quick disconnect, PC quick disconnect... etc) xD

But I digress. This headset is awesome. I wasn't expecting this kind of noise canceling.
    The bass is great. My games sound good and I can still hear all the fun stuff that gives a competitive advantage.

Plus they look great. I got em in black... kinda wish I got em in white but it's all good.

15. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

I paid $60 for wired TB X1's, and I'll never look back... unless they break ;D

16. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I won a wired Fatal1ty headset last year at E3. I have loved them, even though there are tons that are better. This year, I'm going to try to talk the Turtle Beach guys into letting me take home a review sample :D ...