• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUTORIAL] ADB Workout Tutorial for Linux+Windows (100% working)

.android should already be created by SDK Manager...
Btw, I saw stuff for mac on xda...
Don't remember the actual thread but try searching ;)

For mac i figured it out !
now its working :D

I asked the question for Windows this time :p

EDIT : Done

It did not work as while creating a virtual machine, Parallels created a user as "Ninad.Ninad-pc"
that "." is the problem !
you cannot have a dot or space in username ! lol hence all things over windows were unstable :D
I think, mastermind must add this :D

Btw i am feeling like a fool :D
All my developed stuff never worked ! I got frustrated and now i realize it was the Parallels fault :D

Upvote 0
BTW
@mastermind !
For mac i got it working :p

when i saw ur post ,
I felt one thing in common the adb_usb.ini folder !

I just entered the folder name in Spotlight and it found the folder !!
after watchhing in Finder, added the vendor number !
and it started working !

I don't get it...what u trying to convey???i have seen all previous posts then only replied.

I think u can add this !
as I a going to refer this thread to any one !!!
on other forums !even :D

Upvote 0
Windows :(
windowserror.png

Windows 7 -64Bit,
Yup i entered the unsecured stuff thing ...

Upvote 0
was trying to install adb on ubuntu 12... text given by u for 99-android.rules didnt work for me,
so i referred other tutorial and filled it with following ...

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d91:0009", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666" GROUP="plugdev"
TEST=="/var/run/ConsoleKit/database", \
RUN+="udev-acl --action=$env{action} --device=$env{DEVNAME}"

and it worked for me.... :D

Reactions: mastermind1024
Upvote 0
was trying to install adb on ubuntu 12... text given by u for 99-android.rules didnt work for me,
so i referred other tutorial and filled it with following ...

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d91:0009", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666" GROUP="plugdev"
TEST=="/var/run/ConsoleKit/database", \
RUN+="udev-acl --action=$env{action} --device=$env{DEVNAME}"

and it worked for me.... :D
Well its obvious because whatever written in OP is for Ubuntu 11 or previous.
12 comes out just a month back so u need newer android rules.
Btw thanks for the update, i will add that to OP.

EDIT:
I have added udev rule for 'fastboot' too.As u r on ubuntu 12 can u just test it?

Upvote 0
Recently one of my friend asked for help about adb setup.....
I succeed in setting it up on his PC, but noticed one thing that adb doesn't recognize phone in recovery mode! Drivers are latest, sdk is updated too and everything is fine except this.......
Does any hv similar problem?? It just says device not found no matter however times you kill and recreate server!!;) It may be a problem with drivers, or with the cwm recovery, not supporting such functionality??

Upvote 0
Thanks, that was really helpful - I didn't find the key point,

mkdir -p ~/.android && echo 0x1d91 > ~/.android/adb_usb.ini && adb kill-server && adb devices

in any of the other places I checked. So I now have adb working, can get an adb shell etc. But I can't get

fastboot oem unlock

working - it just hangs <waiting for device>. Do you have any thoughts on this? I'm at my wit's end - the tablet goes into fastboot mode OK, but nothing comes up on the linux shell.

Upvote 0
Recently one of my friend asked for help about adb setup.....
I succeed in setting it up on his PC, but noticed one thing that adb doesn't recognize phone in recovery mode! Drivers are latest, sdk is updated too and everything is fine except this.......
Does any hv similar problem?? It just says device not found no matter however times you kill and recreate server!!;) It may be a problem with drivers, or with the cwm recovery, not supporting such functionality??
adb don't work on cwm recovery of A70...it's a recovery bug.

Upvote 0
Thanks, that was really helpful - I didn't find the key point,

mkdir -p ~/.android && echo 0x1d91 > ~/.android/adb_usb.ini && adb kill-server && adb devices

in any of the other places I checked. So I now have adb working, can get an adb shell etc. But I can't get

fastboot oem unlock

working - it just hangs <waiting for device>. Do you have any thoughts on this? I'm at my wit's end - the tablet goes into fastboot mode OK, but nothing comes up on the linux shell.

"fastboot oem unlock" is supported only on Google Nexus devices...
For fastboot u need to add another udev rule specific for tablet's fastboot hardware id...see the OP for reference, change hardware id in the rule with ur tablet's one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones