• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tutorial: Fixing the Duplicate messages

kevinrubio

Android Expert
May 9, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So for all you users out there having any kind a phone and is experiencing duplicate messages, or even more. I found this app that will help you out!
Its called Anti SMS Bomber , Also theres a PRO version out there, in case you want more options or you really want to donate ;).
So i installed this app and turned it on. Now here comes the test, i texted my buddy back-and-forth for about 40-50 messages, and i never got doubles no more :) .
Also in the notification bar, it automatically detects a double message and deletes the double, and you only receive one. HOW NEAT!

You'll know who's trying to send you double messages when you scroll down your notification bar, and a icon of a bomb-with-a X on it says 'you were Bombed by **********' So try it out guys!

^
Also more than likely if you are having duplicate messages before this, it's probably your signal, I don't think Cricket users are as low as MetroPCS so they will receive the duplicate messages on a lower percentage compared to Metro users.

As far as the signal strength being misleading or incorrectly reporting, i read from somewhere, and even i had this problem, that your device will say not sent because you have low signal, but indeed it did send??

So when you resend it, the user on the other part of the line is getting duplicate, that might be happening on the other part of the line to you, if this app doesn't work for you, for some reason.

For MMS/SMS, in the options there is an option called DELIVERY REPORTS, IF checked, it will inform you as to the delivery status of your text. (Be sure, there is a setting for SMS AND MMS, be sure to check both).

That combined with app 'Anit SMS Bomber', should get you right where you need to be.

Hope it works ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones