[Tutorial] How to install CWM using Terminal Emulator

1. chrisjv3393

chrisjv3393 Well-Known Member

This is the EASIEST way to install CWM on ur device.

First, make sure ur rooted
    Second, download terminal emulator from the play store.
    Third, download the newest CWM 6 from Here, https://www.dropbox.com/s/if97pvabjwg2yuy/CWM-6.0.2.7-warp2.img , make sure u put this download into the root of ur sdcard and rename that To recovery.img
    Fourth, open up terminal and type "su" to Gain Root access, click allow.
    Lastly, type "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13" just copy and paste, dnt include the tick marks--->("")

And thats it, just reboot ur phn n hold the volume up button n it shud go into recovery mode

Thanks to junkie and super for bringing CWM 6 to us! :) u guys ROCK!!! :D lol

Advertisement
    rlphbgby and Stlouizsin like this.
  2. chrisjv3393

3. Stlouizsin

Stlouizsin Well-Known Member

This method worked perfectly. I believe volume down send you into recovery mode. Thanks again, Happy New Year!
  4. chrisjv3393

Volume up or down does the same cuz theres no Ftm Mode with This recovery
  5. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

computer-less flashing, im diggin it man, this will help alot of people. and if you want you can even make a shell script to do it or something along those lines, im not writing and debugging one of those right now tho
  6. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Well-Known Member

im doing the second one but say not found quick question do i nee to spaces two
  7. chrisjv3393

I tried the second one n It didnt work for Me. The first One shud work perfectly if u copied n paste it correctly. U probably didnt put the cwm on the root of sdcard, or renamed it to recovery.img
  8. chrisjv3393

Yea me niether lmao idek what that is. Im no developer lol
  9. junkie2100

ok it would seem you are having serious issues with this, i wouldnt use this method btw its slightly more involved than just typing in some stuff. in just a moment i will upload a program, you will extract it just like you did the root thing and double click the install.bat file ok?
  10. junkie2100

k i put an installer zip on the main forum under my original links, for anyone just not getting it. help us avoid explaining the same things over and over ya kno
  11. jsphmuckey

jsphmuckey Well-Known Member

hey, btw this android terminal way of installing cwm worked for me! I've done it like this with another phone too. Thanks!
  12. chrisjv3393

N.p bro glad it worked
  13. Nick808

Nick808 Member

I've been trying to get cwm recovery on this phone for a few days now. The second step in this thread seemed to get me the farthest. I got all the way to the part where I actually install the recovery and it says no such file or directory. I've tried Junkie's auto installer (and updated installer) and I know the recovery is in root of my sdcard.

Help? I really appreciate how helpful everybody is on the forum. Thanks for hard work.
  14. junkie2100

what is the file on the sd card named?
  15. junkie2100

basically the command is based off of what the file is named. if its on your sd card but its named lkj.img then the command would be
    dd if=/sdcard/lkj.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    but the thing is the updated autoinstaller, if you use the second file called windows alternate installer or whatever the hell i named it, that should install the thing using this very method
  16. Nick808

Nick808 Member

"recovery.img"
    I entered this exactly. And then I went in my file manager on the phone and it appeared as "recovery.img.img". Then I tried just "recovery". Both tries gave me the same result.
  17. junkie2100

that is why, windows by default hides the .img so if you dont see .img in the first place dont add it. easy fix tho, run this command

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

the if has to be EXACTLY what it is named in the file manager or it wont work

edit: dont forget to su first
  18. junkie2100

and ill toy around with my alternative script see if i can figure out why it wouldnt work, maybe ill even test it this time lol
  19. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Well-Known Member

like a said happen to me to just write recovery only and try again brou
  20. rlphbgby

rlphbgby Well-Known Member

nice and easy thanks for this thread Chris.
  21. junkie2100

yep. gonna get even easier tho now. i managed to fix my code for the autoinstallers. the alternative method now works and does exactly what this does only without having to type things in. copies the file to the phone, runs the dd command, and cleans up after itself, no sd card required, no confusion, it just works. apparently there was just an issue with trying to run things as root but i solved it
  22. chrisjv3393

This method is only for ppl who know wat theyre doing and dont Have a computer
  23. junkie2100

basically. if you have a computer, use my auto installers, and if you managed to root, chances are you have a computer because even i couldnt get root working without a computer, though i think i may know why it didnt work come to think of it... ah well if we hit that roadblock again ill deal with it
  24. Dank VI

Dank VI Member

when i type in SU in terminal emulator it says

"sh: /system/etc/mkshrc[8]: id: not found @android:/ #"

is that right??
  25. junkie2100

did you root first? and are you sure its rooted? check to see if the phone has a program on it called superuser. if not, you arent rooted and that is why you are having issues