1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[TUTORIAL]How To Root and Install CWM !

1. DanceOff

DanceOff Active Member

Rooting
    1. Install HTC Sync on your PC

It is already in your sd card which you got with the phone but if you lost it you can download it from: HTC Explorer Product Support

2. Unlock your phone's bootloader

Go to HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader
    select all then select "all other supported devices" when asked to select devices
    then follow the steps indicated

3. Add a recovery

With recovery you can make a nandroid backup of you current ROM and you can flash .zip files . All custom ROMs are in the format .zip and you need a custom recovery to flash them easily.

- Download A310E Recovery.zip from
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=913094&d=1329843100
    - extract it on your desktop
    - run the recovery.bat with phone in fastboot mode (first option in the "3 android menu" ) and connected with usb.

Done! You got the recovery installed if no errors, you can now install any compatible .zip ROM or app.

4. ROOT the device

Download superuser zip from http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
    Place the superuser.zip in the sd card
    Boot in recovery by pressing "power+volume" down while phone is off
    Install superuser.zip

Note: after rooting don't restore to factory setting from storage menu in setting

Advertisement
    :
  2. DanceOff

DanceOff Active Member

reserved...
  3. K55V

K55V Member

Hi,
    After rooting by following the above steps, how do i create a nandroid backup?
    Thanks in advance :)
  4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

5. K55V

K55V Member

I'll try it. Thanks!
  6. K55V

K55V Member

So it's just recovery mode-->restore and backup-->backup. Nandroid backup done?
    If the phone gets bricked I just hit restore and it will all go back to how it was before the backup?
  7. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Yes. It's a good idea to copy the backup on your sd card to your computer for safekeeping.
    If the phone gets bricked, do a factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik cache and then restore.
    K55V likes this.
  8. K55V

K55V Member

Thanks a lot!
    Rooted my HTC Explorer, using CM9.1 Build #9