• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tutorial: Manual update 3020 prl

Mine went to 3019 :( and that was after I updated my roaming list =\ so I guess I'm not on the 3G network then. And this whole process looks very long and overwhelming

I saw your posts in the other 3G thread. If you can find someone on here in Jacksonville, FL who wants to take your money to do this, cool, but it really isn't that bad. It's more so one of those things that takes WAAAYYY MORE to describe it than it does to do it. AKA, the opposite of the usual statement, and now, "Easier done than said."

I encourage you to try it.

The thing is, based on your other posts and how excited you were at the chance for 3G, you should know that once you do it, you're not guaranteed 3G, but you'll have a possibility of 3G. The best I get is just seeing it for seconds at a time, and I'm never fast enough to actually really try it out. I got a speedtest out of it one time somehow but it still switched back to 1x in the middle of the test I think lol.

That said, you may be one of the lucky few who actually gets steady 3G. Just don't dial *228 anymore after you do it lol.

Upvote 0
Speaking from experience, if one has a general handle on techy things, and follows the instructions properly for setting up lgnpst and all the things that go with it, and then just uses the PRL tab and not the upgrade tab, it'll work fine. Risk comes into play when instructions are not followed or understood properly.

That said, for someone who just wants a chance at 3G and has never done any of this, this can seem kind of like a big deal.

I do have a general handle, I may try this later.

Upvote 0
Freaking website is down for me? :p Can't get the info needed to upgrade. I mean it LOADS, but when I type in my MEID DEC nothing happens, shows a blank screen.
try the

Android White rabbit site

saber I said this in pm but just for anyone else you need to make sure you register the dll file as mentioned before the easy way is to drag the dll file to the reggie file and you must have admin rights

Upvote 0
saber I said this in pm but just for anyone else you need to make sure you register the dll file as mentioned before the easy way is to drag the dll file to the reggie file and you must have admin rights

For whatever reason I'm missing a .dll file and can't get it to register. This is what I get when I try to drag the .dll:

error.jpg

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice now. I'm not sure if it's related, but I was unable to unistall LG Components.

Upvote 0
For whatever reason I'm missing a .dll file and can't get it to register. This is what I get when I try to drag the .dll:

error.jpg

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice now. I'm not sure if it's related, but I was unable to unistall LG Components.
that does sound related. what windows you running?
Do you have admin privileges
on vista and win7 if you go to user accounts then change user account control settings, then slide the slider all the way to the never notify, then reboot you will always have admin privileges.

Upvote 0
I had a defective phone that had the rebooting issue that I dealt with for a few months, not knowing I could get a new phone from metro under warranty. Last month I noticed I had 3G almost everywhere and it was AWESOME. Sooooooo much faster. Yesterday I got my new phone and no 3G ever. Followed this guide to the letter and it worked perfectly. Now have 3G again. Thank you so much. (now i just wish there was a root for 2.2.2, seeing my new phone already had the update)

Upvote 0
I had a defective phone that had the rebooting issue that I dealt with for a few months, not knowing I could get a new phone from metro under warranty. Last month I noticed I had 3G almost everywhere and it was AWESOME. Sooooooo much faster. Yesterday I got my new phone and no 3G ever. Followed this guide to the letter and it worked perfectly. Now have 3G again. Thank you so much. (now i just wish there was a root for 2.2.2, seeing my new phone already had the update)
you could try down grading back to 2.2.1

Upvote 0
Maybe you're right, but when I drug the dll. over the REGGIE, I got an error. Maybe you could tell me how to get "admin permission?" :p

I ran into this problem too. For anyone else running into this problem the crux of the matter is to register the DLL. The reggie file is just a convenient user friendly way to do it but it isn't the only way. Google register dll win7 (or whatever your windows version is) and you'll get plenty of hits that show you how.

I did it from an elevated cmd shell. No problem.

Explanation of Regsvr32 usage and error messages

Here is a tip for you if you use a cmd shell.

Click the address bar when you are in the folder for the lg DLL. Then copy the file path to the clipboard.

In your open cmd window, type in regserver command and space over one then you can click the icon in the upper left corner - that drops a menu down - then click 'Edit' - then click paste to paste in the folder path and add on the \dllname.dll

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones