Tutorial on how to unbrick Phone PLEASE READ!

Was this helpful

1. yes

4 vote(s)
  2. no

0 vote(s)

Last Updated:

1. 52mike

52mike Member

Ok so i did a LOT of research on how to unbrick my phone Aftter downloading shabby mods 0.5 i beleve? and this is my outcome im not sure if it will work for all but even if it doesint work what is there to loose ur phone is already bricked it wouldint hurt to try

Samsung Galaxy Prevail ODIN Recovery To Stock ED13 Rooted & Unrooted (HD) - YouTube
    ^^Watch video and read description (i did not creat this and take no credit just wanna help:] thank topic

2. maskedviperus

maskedviperus Well-Known Member

Technically its not helpful to me as I already know the process so i shall not vote :)
  3. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Still good idea to have.
    52mike likes this.
  4. 52mike

52mike Member

5. maskedviperus

maskedviperus Well-Known Member

I agree 100000%. Theres too many noobs askin the same questions over n over...i "bricked" my phone, it wont go past the boot screen...blah blah blah without taking the time to search the forum for already posted solutions to their problem. To those i say: The Wambulance
  6. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

>.> nice video, i actually have a very long tutorial on teh indulge forums on how to use odin and heimdall, the reason why i didnt post it here? cuz only half of it applies. so im glad someone is trying :) i think murderousone made one as well
  7. new optimus

question for you, I got a friend that just got an indulge he may want some info, could you pm a link?

Also any idea how to manually update the prl, tried with cdma workshop and and QPST. on the prevail by the way. and the indulge come to think of it.
  8. 52mike

52mike Member

Lmao sorry Dude not tryna steal ur shine err nun just tryna help :D
  9. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

no no no, you misunderstand. i have one there, but its useless for this phone hence why i didnt post it ;) like i said im glad someone did :)

newoptimus no idea about the prl 3g crap, k0nane is head honcho over there well him and silvist :)
  10. koston240life

koston240life New Member

where can I get the rocovery files? is there another thread with more explanation on this tutorial?
  11. DaddyZap

DaddyZap Well-Known Member

Great tut. If your phone will go into download mode. I had a friend who bricked his phone. Would do anything. Its at samsung as I write this. I rooted his phone, we will see what happens. I will let everybody know what happens.
    blue2107 likes this.
  12. Purponic

Purponic Well-Known Member

Awesome job necroing a month old thread
  13. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Good post. Adding to Beginners guide.
  14. eliaspena36

eliaspena36 New Member

when i bricked my phone it wont even go into the boot screen or even turn on. Is this even fixable after this happens?
  15. PhoneMan93

PhoneMan93 Well-Known Member

No, for Odin you need to boot into download mode which you probally can't get to since your phone won't even go to boot screen, you have to get a new phone and just not use ROM Manager anymore ;) your best bet is if it hasnt been 30 days since you bought it claim a manufacturing malfunction, if its been more than 30 save up $70 and buy one through insurance and if you don't have insurance, well you get the point...
  16. vetemor

vetemor New Member

I understand this whole process and my phone is BRICKED and all i can do is get it to the yellow triangle but I have no back-up files so can u post a link for me to download your back-up files so then i will be able to fix my phone and then i will reset to factory settings!
    or is it not possible and im tottaly doomed!

if it is possible please spare me your files so i dont need to buy a ne galaxy s
  17. no vote from me
  18. new optimus

If your screen says downloading on it then you can use the odin to stock

Or rooted.
  19. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Well-Known Member

That's cools hater. We'll just wait on you to change a few words later and claim the glory.
  20. Leviathan9569

Leviathan9569 New Member

even after i used odin to unbrick, my phone remains at the boot screen. any suggestions?
  21. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Did you use all the files in the zip? Boot, PDA, phone and CSC? Which image did you use? How did you brick it? Can you get into recovery?

PS... nice super necro on this thread :p
  22. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Wow! This thread is a blast from the past. :eek:
  23. Leviathan9569

Leviathan9569 New Member

I used all the files in the zip. i can't get into recovery, it freezes at the boot screen just before the recovery loads
    i tried using odin version containing the "pitt" file option, now i'm trying the usual odin with the "ops" option
  24. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

You've pretty much always gotta select your Ops when using Odin.