TV App help/setupSupport

1. topher_csr

topher_csr Active Member

with the app that lets you control your tv and cable box, it seems like you should be able to stream whats currently on tv to you phone, whenever i click on a show that is on, it just vibrates and flashes red at the top of the phone. is it possible to stream shows or am i missing something? thanks for the help. love the phone so far. thanks

Advertisement
  2. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it is just for controlling the television and cable box, and to set reminders for upcoming shows. Don't think it was ever intended for any streaming. Would need some way to validate that you have a subscription for one thing.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

page 90 in the pdf of the manual describes the functions of the TV app. if you don't have access to this, head over to htc web portal:

https://support.htc.com/en/005-HTC_One/user_guides

the app just acts like a remote control and shows you the EPG of your local broadcasts.
  4. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 On Probation

Can't help but to laugh a little. When you select a show your phone will vibrate and flash red at the top of the phone. At that point the show you selected should have popped up on your tv screen. The shows that appear on your phone are the ones that are now playing on your cable or satellite provider tv stations. You can set it to remind you about shows and automatically turn the tv on for the show.

For me it's quicker to search for the name of movies or tv shows using the search feature on the tv app for my phone rather than using the remote control for my cable box.

Hint: I wish I could use my phone to control my tv and cable box with my Seidio Active case on my phone.You can't always get what you want right Seidio?
  5. flairmedk

flairmedk Well-Known Member

Just as a side note. If your tv app is running or in the notification bar, you can use the physical volume rocker button on the phone to control the TV volume without having to pull the actual app up on the screen. Just a neat trick if any one was not aware of it.
  6. topher_csr

topher_csr Active Member

nice tip. i will try that out. thanks for the clarification to the other guys.
  7. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member

I was able to connect my htc one remote the Tv, I can turn up the volume and what not, but I can't get it to work with the sattelite tv box. I don't know if its even possible or not, because in the options all it says is cable box, so I don't know if that counts. when I do click on cable box it takes me to select a brand, but my dish network tv box doesn't have a brand, it just says dish.
    Anyone know? It's cool that i can turn up the volume but it would be even cooler if I could use it on the sattelite too.
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

After selecting COUNTRY > ZIP CODE, have you selected DISH as your service provider?
    dgrobe2112 and marctronixx like this.
  9. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member

yes.. I enter US then my zip code, dish, try to get it to work, nothing.
    My sattelite is always kind of finicky with remotes, not sure if that would make a difference
  10. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

reboot the phone and try again ..it works flawlessly here
    I flash a lot of roms and have setup TV dozens of times and it always works on the first try
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. cwk

cwk Active Member

Got the IR Blaster working with my TV and amplifier, but I also use TiVo. I have the TiVo app installed too, but it'd be nice to see them get together. Is there a way to do it? I rarely used the TiVo or DVR Commander app because of the inability to manage volume. If I have it all in one device, and then one app, I'll probably never get off the couch again.