TV out cable with extender?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. dabears900

dabears900 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I wanted to get a TV out cable so I could use the AV in for my car's head deck. Since I would be using it to stream audio or video via pandora or orb i would be using a significant amount of battery and would most likely have it plugged in. This is where I run into a problem. The cable shown on htcpedia has the charging port in the plug end that connects to your phone. My problem is having all those cables running to my phone would be a little chaotic. What i wanted to do was have the two cables set up behind the dash and then have a micro usb extender cable to run to the phone so only one cable would be seen and would be mounted in a place where not much of the wire would be showing. But as I've researched I've found that its not just a standard microusb plug if I want to carry video. Does anyone have any ideas on this subject or possibly an alternative cable that works and doesn't have the charging port right on the micro usb plug?

Advertisement
  2. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

If you're handy enough and are willing to sacrifice a second cable for the connector, you can make an extension yourself. But as for finding one on the open market, good luck. This is a proprietary HTC connector.

3. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Just get RCA extenders