• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TV-Out on the Droid

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, I have been working on the device :D

Well, the site is about to be launched. Buying the domain today. Beagleboard is being shipped, should be here by Tuesday. You will get new pictures, video, and more. I will be making them by hand and selling them to raise money to try to bring this to the market. You can choose from a list of OS's (Including Android!) to use. Approx price will be ~$500.

Upvote 0
I have realized that, and as it looks my device will not work with the droid. The reason this is still here and a semi-active disscussion is because this has evolved into a new product. On the site, people can buy just the HMD and an adapter cord to use with their Iphone/Touch, Zune, or other compatable device. Or, you can buy the full wearable computer setup.

More info will be on the site.

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

Check out the site!
http://eyepc.info
Yes, the site does suck for now. Going to be doing an overhaul, but I wanted to get it up there. There will be a forum by the end of the night.

EyePC's are now for SALE. You can send me an email threw the contact us on the site. Please note that the lowest price (Just the eyepiece itself) is ~$299. You will get the device and controller in packaging designed by myself, with tutorial videos with lifetime support and a 15 day limited warranty.

Thanks again everyone for your support!

Upvote 0
Ok, despite many posters here coming down hard on the few that want the tv out feature I will add my 2 cents:

It is completely possible for the Droid to have TV out capability on the hardware side. A serial connection (one pin) is all that is necessary for digital feed.

The software for "on the fly conversion" scaling down and up of image with frame rates at 24+ is necessary. Usually this is better left to a special cable with a mini-board built in (adapter) to provide scaling.

Finally: the best reason to have such a feature is for business presentation purposes! Too many times, some dopey Executive or Project Manager forgets the laptop or sets it up wrong to present to a client etc. Wouldn't you like to be the guy/lady to whip out your Droid, plug it in and save the day? Anyone smell a promotion, or ability to avoid lay-off in this bad economy?

I own a iPhone/Android Game Dev. Company, but i will look into this as a possible project for the Android market.

As an alternative, I believe there is an app or two which allow wifi streaming of files from the Droid SD card to another computer to be played via the media player. I might be wrong, but wouldn't that be a cool app?

Too many projects to look in to. In conclusion, lets try to get as much from the Droid as possible, not jam other for their forward thinking.

Upvote 0
Hi Servicefly, and welcome to the forums!

It doesn't seem that you have read the full thread, because from our tests and research, it looks like it does not support video out. But my head mounted display project has involved into a product which I am hoping to launch. If you are an Android developer, it would be great because I am working on a port of Android to my EyePC system and would love to have some developers being interested in it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones