TV out problems? here is the solution:Support

Last Updated:

1. Doon

Doon Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few old camcorder cables around that have the 3.5mm to rca tv connectors. I tried them both but they didn't work... so I flipped the red and yellow ables in the back of the TV around and... IT WORKED! It must be that the contacts are just in a different order than the ones used for my old video cam.

usage:

The TV out is really simple to use and it mirrors everything on the screen... this to me is far superior to the hdmi(very limited) out on the Droid X. awesome!

Advertisement
  2. kdennis

kdennis New Member

3. Doon

Doon Active Member This Topic's Starter

make sure the cable is in as far as headphones go in. that was my problem at first, the cable was not in far enough.

4. Ben27p

Ben27p New Member

Alot of the composite cables have the ground and video backwards so you get a crappy picture with all 3 rca's switch the middle wire on the yellow plug to the outside of all 3 cords going to the rca's from the 3.5mm while putting the outside of all 3 or any 1 other wires on the inside of the yellow goin to rca from 3.5mm. To paraphrase use all your old grounds as the inside of the video rca while using the old video inside to be the new rca grounds. BUT ONLY DO THIS IF YOU GET SOMEKIND OF VIDEO WITH ALL THREE RCA PLUGS