TV out to In-dash AV receiver?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. capa

capa Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. nfotiu

nfotiu Well-Known Member

I'm sure it would. I do find it annoying that the video out does not support wide screen though.

3. Silverlithium

Silverlithium New Member

I have the same receiver and have been wondering the same thing. Please post and let us know if it works if you decide to try it.

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

There's no reason for it not to work. As long as a tv accepts a North American, European, or Japanese signal, it will work. I'm not sure about other formats.

5. capa

This will be the first thing I try when I get it installed. I'm going to run a female to male RCA extension to the glove box so I can still use the TV out cable. I'll let you know how it works out.

6. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

7. malice

malice Well-Known Member

May I make a suggestion? For 100 less I installed a AVIC-F700BT. It has nav already. Flashed it to a full rom with 3.1 update from avic411.com. F700BT has Bluetooth, CD, USB, SD, NAV, Video In....Might be worth checking out.

Oh found that deal on Ebay. Used in good shape. Just had to buy some cables for it.

8. capa

thanks! that's exactly what I was looking for

Not really in the market for a used receiver. Thanks for the heads up though.

9. 02 Incredible

02 Incredible Active Member

hey, capa,

i'm not familiar with that particular deck, but i have an alpine iva d310 in dash monitor/receiver that has the standard left (white)/right (red)/ video (yellow) inputs (component?) like most tv's and i am able to view exactly what is on my DrInc's screen on my monitor.

altho the resolution isn't as good as on the phone, the nav is quite useable/viewable on the 7" screen and the voice turn-by-turn comes thru my stereo speakers as well.

my only disappointment is with the calling feature. when i first got my phone, i had a component cable from my old mp3 that i plugged into the headphone jack (3.5mm) and i was able to get any/all audio information from the phone (mp3/wmv/pandora/mlb, etc.) thru the stereo as well as make/receive calls using the phone's microphone.

with the tv out cable, i can't seem to make calls other than holding the phone to my ear. i haven't tried my BT earpiece.

10. capa

they need to just make an av receiver with android that syncs with phones.. maybe one day.

11. hockeyman316

hockeyman316 Member

I know this post is a little old, but figured I would throw in my 2c. I just installed the official HTC audio/video cable into my pioneer avic f900bt. I hooked it into the back of the stereo, and use the car charger to keep my incredible's battery from drainng. It is working GREAT so far!!! The only thing I have no idea about is all the different video settings when you first plug it in.....but I have only been using it a few days. I will have to consult HTC's website to find a manual for my phone so I can figure it out. The really funny thing about it, is that it shows even your home screen, so when I play angry birds, you can see it on the dash. Made me laugh ;)