• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories TV Out

SntaCruz83

Sep 1, 2010
I read a while back that the Galaxy S phones were going to support TV out through the audio jack. I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2kUDlre3Dkthis video of someone doing just that with the Vibrant. This is exactly what I'd like to be able to do. I used to have the Evo and while it has HDMI out, if i recall...it didn't allow you to view everything you did on the phone...only play videos that you had on your phone, youtube videos, and it was finiky about playing images from the gallery; it didn't allow you to browse your phone or play games over the television.

ANYway, i searched amazon and found a set of cables that are supposed to work, but in going to Samsung's site it seems to prove otherwise.

Does anyone know if this is something that may be added on in a future update or can be added with rooting or by any other means?

my GALAXY TAB have the feature already and the option to toggle PAL/NTSC from the setup menu but when i set the cable both on the phone and the TV, i get perfect sound but no image although the Vedio jack is set correctly ! am I using a bad cable or am I missing a certain setup or is this still not featured in the Galaxy TAB as the GALAXY S ? appreciate a help to make use of this great feature ... thanks ! :(

I read a while back that the Galaxy S phones were going to support TV out through the audio jack. I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2kUDlre3Dkthis video of someone doing just that with the Vibrant. This is exactly what I'd like to be able to do. I used to have the Evo and while it has HDMI out, if i recall...it didn't allow you to view everything you did on the phone...only play videos that you had on your phone, youtube videos, and it was finiky about playing images from the gallery; it didn't allow you to browse your phone or play games over the television.

ANYway, i searched amazon and found a set of cables that are supposed to work, but in going to Samsung's site it seems to prove otherwise.

Does anyone know if this is something that may be added on in a future update or can be added with rooting or by any other means?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones