• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

foe84

May 2, 2010
anybody have experience using the tf300t to stream to a tv? I dont have a smart tv, but a regular lcd. After searching, there are so many devices that do this but reviews are mixed. I just want something that will mirror what i have on my tablet to my tv. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks

Forgive me if I sound like a complete idiot, but I am when it comes to this tablet.
I have tried to stream my comcast (cable provider) and some videos from a dog training site, but they will not play. I assume that it has something to do with the "player" , like maybe I need adobe flash, or something similar.
So, my question is, what do I need to do? Change ROM or learn how and install adobe, or what?
Maybe someone could lead me to the correct place to find what I need and how to do it. At this point, I am a little disappointed in my tablet, by that I mean I was hoping to fire it up and it would work for all my needs. Just being lazy. I am willing to take some time and get it set up right, so I don't end up having a $400 paper weight, it is just that these things sometimes end up consuming so much time since I am computer/tablet stupid. I would greatly appreciate any pointers/tips anyone is willing to share with me.
I also hope this is not considered hi-jacking the thread, if so, sorry and please move to where it is appropriate.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I understand that hooking to the TV just "uses the TV as a large monitor" . I cannot stream to the tablet. I can google and try to figure out the best "fix" for this, just hoping someone might have some info or exactly where I should look for this so I am not spinning my wheels.
I usually use Firefox, if that is what you were asking.

After reading the original post again, I see that I probably should have just started a new post, looks like all they wanted to know is how to hook up to TV. My problems run deeper. :)

Upvote 0
I understand that hooking to the TV just "uses the TV as a large monitor" . I cannot stream to the tablet. I can google and try to figure out the best "fix" for this, just hoping someone might have some info or exactly where I should look for this so I am not spinning my wheels.
I usually use Firefox, if that is what you were asking.

After reading the original post again, I see that I probably should have just started a new post, looks like all they wanted to know is how to hook up to TV. My problems run deeper. :)

They are working on ways around Chromecast so that you can stream content from your devices to your TV. Pretty sure Mirrorcast is another option. The options are out there. Just do a little digging. YouTube is a great place to look. XDA also has a great section for Chromecast. I have one and am getting ready to root it as soon as I get my USB OTG need for root. It should be in the mail very soon. Chromecast runs about $35. The others are a little bit more expensive.

Reactions: tds73
Upvote 0
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Comcast is my cable provider. They have apps that are supposed to work for streaming my cable on an android device.

I am looking right now for ways to improve my tablet. I do not use it very often since it seems to be slow and sluggish and gets frustrating. I usually just end up putting it down and going to the laptop. I have owned it for a year now and have not done anything special to it other than adding some apps.
I am scared since I know very little about things like ROM, bootloaders, etc. Searching for what I should do to try and improve my tablet, but need instructions/how to for "idiots".

Upvote 0
In the last couple hours I got my comcast to stream and also got adobe flash working on my tf300.

Thanks guys for trying to help me out. I appreciate your time.

I have decided to start a new post, if you get a chance please check it out and give me any feedback you may have.

I am going to try to explain what I am looking to do in the post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones