TVCatchUp goes live for Android!!!

Last Updated:

1. Adebisi

Adebisi Well-Known Member

Do I need a tv licence for this?

2. marcjohnson

marcjohnson Well-Known Member

Agree, got this working on t mobile WiFi and it is much better quality then Yamgo.
  3. marcjohnson

You need to tick the allow mobile sites in your settings.
  4. ocaz

ocaz Member

Just gave it a whirl and works perfectly brilliant!

Two questions -

How much data roughly would you use if your streaming video on 3G? Say for 30 mins?

Is there a way to create an icon for a direct link to a webpage like you can on iPhone?
  5. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

Hey guys just wondering, as I am a work shy sod and a big football fan, how much data would streaming one of the WC matches use roughly, do you reckon?

Not gonna be doing it for every game but for the better looking games I was thinking about it..
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Try running 3g watchdog or something when you're streaming.
  7. Dudditz

Good point.... still can't getting working though so that might not be necessary...
  8. belly_76

belly_76 New Member

Got it working now :) I had the same flash not supported message but I had been on the normal site not the m.tvcatchup one.

Seems to work well on wifi on o2. Hopefully it will still work when I get to work and have to use 3g
  9. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Anybody manage to get this working over Vodafone 3G?
  10. Dudditz

Still getting a "Cannot Connect to Server" error :(

As long as I can get this sorted by Monday, I will be a happy bunny.
  11. The_Hawkster

The_Hawkster Member

That's already ticked but still no luck, thanks anyway. :)
  12. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Technically, I think that's a yes as there are BBC channels on offer. But if you have a licence for your home address, you should be OK.

13. dunbad

dunbad Well-Known Member

Have just watched trooping the colour on bbc. played faultlessly OVER EDGE.!! Yippee As ive mentioned already, over wifi last night, it was pants. But today it was great in high or low quality with just edge. Thats on o2. Maybe my wifi signal was busy last night because it really was pooh. Ill try again later. Also about half an hour of streaming tv today, used 81 meg and that was in a mixture of low but mainly high quality. But it really was faultless.
  14. kopite72

kopite72 Well-Known Member

just watched 10 minutes of the South Korea game & its used 33mb of data so roughly going to use 270-300mb for 90 minutes, so only able to watch 3 games on our allowance as most people are getting 1gb allowance. think i will stick to waching it on wifi only except for the odd game
  15. ianm2k4

ianm2k4 Active Member

TVCatchup Works a treat, just need a bit better bandwidth on HD (using WiFi).. picture breaks up on the footy but its definitely watchable
  16. Dudditz

Anybody any idea why I keep getting a "cannot connect to server" error??

Just can't figure it out.
  17. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

When I was going through the setup stage (was using wifi) it came up with something like "congratulations your ISP idnet supports this". Could it be that yours blocks this kind of traffic?
  18. Dudditz

Can't recall anything like this tbh....
  19. marcjohnson

Does anyone know how to get a standard DVD on to the Desire?
  20. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Well-Known Member

Just tried this and it works brilliantly - I used it via wifi so not sure what its like using 3G
  21. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

Work pretty good indeed. Takes a couple of seconds to connect and might take a couple tries i.e pressing back and forward to reload but the quality is good on H signal. Saying that I do get a bit of audio out of sync and understandably it is about 5-10seconds off real time live tv but for a mobile device this is very impressive!
  22. warspite

warspite New Member

Have you got your problem sorted. I just chose a Desire above an iPhone (on Vodafone) and pretty disappointed that catchup wont work!?
  23. Dudditz

Still can't get rid of the "cannot connect to server" error.

I officially give up and my toys are out of the pram.

24. Cheule

Cheule Well-Known Member

I can't seem to log in using Dolphin HD, it just keeps returning me to the main page but I'm still not logged in.
  25. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

No - contact vodafone and complain. I did on friday