1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

tw launcher ate my battery?Support

1. leftystrat

leftystrat Well-Known Member

I fully charged the tablet Friday. It sat in its case til Sunday, at which point the battery was almost gone.

The unit was in airplane mode. I use Timeriffic to keep everything shut off til I need it. Upon checking for what was eating the battery, Tw Launcher was the culprit. What could it possibly have been doing while it wasn't doing anything?

This is odd, even for Android.

I remember changing the launcher in earlier Android phones. Should I change this one too? I don't need or want live wallpaper or blinky lights and this problem is new. I rebooted.

Advertisement
  2. leftystrat

UPDATE: installed Nemus Launcher and we'll see how the battery goes. I use Zeam on the phone but it's not available for the tablet.
  3. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

Seems extremely unlikely. Tw Launcher is the Tab
  4. leftystrat

5. leftystrat

UPDATE: it's been a few days and I still have most of my original charge from Monday.
    This is battery life I can get used to.

Same for my Sensation phone with Zeam launcher.
  6. zorzeg

zorzeg New Member

I had absolutely same story on my Samsung Galaxy Note: It discharged itself from 100 % to 1 % overnight, with quite large amount of heat. Battery graph showed that most of it was spent by "android platform" and "android OS". I've dialed *#*#4636#*#* and "battery stats" showed that twLauncher used 10 times more time than max of other apps. I've replaced twLauncher with GO Launcher EX and never knew this problem again. I'm going to try and find a way to report this bug to Samsung.