Tweaking your S2 into an S3

Last Updated:

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I thought I would start a thread where we can all chip in with links etc. for tweaking the S2 for an S3 UI.

So far I have gathered the following:

TouchWiz-UX This is a big improvement on the original TouchWiz in my opinion. I'm back on TouchWiz for the first time in a very long time because of it. Simple, slick and smooth, and great on battery. NOTE: The S3 stock widgets can also be downloaded from this thread.

Galaxy S3 Icon Pack

S3 Audio

Dandelion Live Wallpaper

S3 Wallpapers

All S3 Apps+fonts

S3 Contacts+Phone

S3 Music Player

Related threads
    Thread 1
    Thread 2

Advertisement
    avushkaa, Rudedawg, Twinn and 2 others like this.
  2. l14m3

l14m3 Well-Known Member

Do you have any of these mods on your current Neat Rom?
  3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

All apart from the S3 apps+fonts
    l14m3 likes this.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Installed this tweak this morning, after first checking the scrolling in TouchWiz-UX, Titanium Backup, (Backup and Restore), Contacts, Browser and Tapatalk.

My personal feeling is, that after this S3 tweak, that scrolling is smoother and more fluid than before.

This tweak though is only for the competent and experienced user and you should definitely make a nandroid backup before installation.

Please read the xda thread, that Hawker refers to, very carefully before attempting to install.
    naith_kk and Hawker like this.
  5. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

And I just reorganized my apps and screens with GoLauncher... hmm... will check these babies out after a week or so :p
  6. chadley78

chadley78 Active Member

What makes you think that the new Touchwiz UI saves on battery? I don't mean that to sound brusque, just curious.
  7. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

8. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

I tested all links and they seem to be downloading well... try again.

Note, alternatively, use a proxy to download, some governments and also ISPs in your region may block your access to filesharing content.
  9. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

hi im sorry but i dont have any idea on how to use a proxy to download.maybe u can share to me the downloaded file for the s2apps and fonts? ty.
  10. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

11. cybaree

cybaree Member

just a quick question I want to know if there is one with the camera from s3 cause camera is much faster and takes multiple shots. thanks.
    I want it for my s2
  12. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Updated post #1
    Found S3 contacts and phone
  13. l14m3

l14m3 Well-Known Member

Regarding the contacts, which one do I need? I don't have Jkay settings, so do I just download all 3?
  14. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

The thread in that link is for an overall theme, but the contacts and phone are also on there as separate flashable packages, so you can just flash those (which is what i did)
    l14m3 likes this.
  15. l14m3

l14m3 Well-Known Member

So I am guessing that the one I require is the top link, which is this one?

Framework 2.1 (Only Jkays themed package, no apps)
  16. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Depends if you want the theme or the contacts/phone

if all you want it the contacts/phone then the links for contacts.apk and phone.apk then these are the links under the pictures in post 2 for "standalone" apps
    l14m3 likes this.
  17. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Added link to S3 Music Player
    ironass likes this.
  18. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

I really love that dialler. Great for my fat fingers

[​IMG]
  19. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Hawker
    I
    S3 Scrolling (I'm not sure if this made much difference. Be interested to hear more feedback on this one)

Has anyone come to any conclusion on this, is it worth flashing?
  20. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I compared the "enhanced" files, and they were identical to every S2 ICS version of firmware I've ever downloaded.

I removed it from post #1 because it was a scam