Last Updated:

1. jaman29

jaman29 Well-Known Member

Are there any tweaks that you guys/girls use for the GA10 rom that have had good results? If so, what have you used?

2. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Battery power is my main concern, so here are some that i have used.

Tegrak Overclock from the Play store to under volt the cpu -25 to -50. In my case it didn't work, my picky cpu did not like the under volt.

Get rid of the bloatware (Sprint, Yahoo, stuff). I recommend using Titanium Backup to freeze the app beforehand to determine issues before permanently deleting the app.

I use Kobridge's 4.33F tweak pack. It has battery saving and performance tweaks. You can get more info

CPU Sleeper (Dual Core). Not sure if I still need it since I am using the above tweak pack.

Disable unneeded animations. Might look pretty, but they use battery. Also, set display brightness as low as you are comfortable with. This is one of the biggest battery drainers.

Use the Wifi connection as much as you can. Set email sync from push to hourly. I have three email accounts (business, work, personal) and it helps. You can also set off peak times which also helps conserve power.

GPS locking issue. I resolved mine by using the FL16 modem.

I am sure others will pitch in on what works for them. I am no means an expert, but have learned from others on this forum.
    jaman29 likes this.
  3. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

If you are using WiFi a lot, then allowing it to sleep when the phone sleeps will save you a good amount of battery life. Hit the menu button while in WiFi settings and choose advanced. Also go into the power saving options under settings and check the use Screen power saving. When you are in an area with very poor or no signal, turn on airplane mode (the phone will waste a lot of power looking for a signal). Turn off 4g when not actively using it or in an area that doesn't have it. 4g burns more power than 3g, and you don't need to be on 4g just to send a text message or receive an email.
    donna1968 and jaman29 like this.