1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Tweetdeck/LauncherPro Friends Alternative?

Last Updated:

1. CeePeeBee

CeePeeBee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

I'm after something I'm not sure exists. I use LauncherPro and use the "Friends" widget to show the Facebook and Twitter feed (scrollable) on one of my screens.

The downside however is that you can't post a pic/video from here. You must use a different application which means having all your tweets/status downloaded again. just isn't tidy!

So my question is, is there an application out there that houses a wdiget that shows Twitter/Facebook timeline (scrollable) and allows you to post natively from the application, pictures/videos/links?

Tweetdeck does this however the widget to view the feeds is shocking and shows next to nothing!

Any help greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

I agree, I am also on the lookout. Mainly the facebook/twitter integration in a functional widget.

3. CeePeeBee

anyone at all? *bump*

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I'm with ya. Haven't been on the site in quite a while, just came on to find the same thing!

5. CeePeeBee

bump....i can't believe nobody wants this?

6. kicko

kicko Active Member

I think because most send vids or images directly from the gallery. The LP widget is only meant to be a reader, not really a full blown app.

7. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

I'm looking for this too! I like some of the functionality of the LP+ Friends widget but LP+ has been running really slow lately and doing a lot of FCs. So, I went back to ADW.Launcher and can't believe how much faster it is. I know that LP is getting a complete rewrite so I may end up going back to it eventually but I'd LOVE a great widget to go with the likes of Tweetdeck. I tried Pure Messenger but it just doesn't have the functionality either...can't even "like" something on FB.

If anyone runs across something like this, please share!!!

8. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member

I could add this to Pure messenger widget ... but I am not sure that it is a good idea.
    I think a widget should remain simple ... and should not become a full app.

For features of Pure messenger, they are driven by users requests. so, if you don't ask, you don't get :
    Suggestions Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)