• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

twicca BETA: This beta is better

G

gwenyfyar

I have downloaded no less than 6 different Twitter apps, but I keep returning to Twicca. Even though it's in beta, it is one of the most diverse, usable Twitter clients available, in addition to being updated frequently and having a developer who listens to users.

What makes Twicca better? It has everything a Twitter power-user could want. Home, Replies, Direct Messages, and Refresh are available on the home screen. Click or long press on a post and you get multiple choices for dealing with a post, including retweet, retweet with quote, reply, add to favorites, and more. Replying to multiple accounts is a cinch: simply reply to the original account, then click on the arrow to the right to add more accounts from the original post.

Do you want to know if someone follows you? Check out their profile. You will see double arrows that define following/follower status.

Power functions include color labeling of those you follow, list management, uploading images (with twitpic plugin), sharing posts, and even auto-fill @ from your following list to fill in a post.

Many Twitter applications have some of these features. None of them have all of these. It is a dream application for extensive Twitter use.

Since installing v0.7.28, twicca has disappeared from my Market > Downloads section, so I had to find it via a search to be able to update my rating and comments. This isn't the first app to disappear from this list since I've had Android 2.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones