Twidroid or Peep?General

Last Updated:

1. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are everyone's opinions on these two programs? Some of the Hero users have reported that after shutting down Peep, their phones have been much more responsive. Here's a link to the thread: http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/13734-do-not-use-peep.html

I haven't had any issues with Peep, but was wondering if any of you had. I've been using Peep ever since I got my Eris and don't have any major complaints. I can't seem to search for users or view trending topics, but that's not a major concern for me.

How many of you have been using Twidroid? It seems to be the Twitter client of choice based on some of the posts I've read. I just hate to take up memory by having redundant apps on my phone.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Peep is ok i guess, but i prefer and use Twidroid.

3. GixxerJoe

GixxerJoe Active Member

I tried twidroid and it was OK. But I like swift much better

4. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

I used to use peep, but clicking the links in the tweets was a bit hit and miss.

I now use twidroid, and it seems to be much better. Can't comment on the speed though. My Hero seems OK most of the time - but I'm a Taskiller believer!

5. Grimster

Grimster Banned

I dont understand this whole Twitter thing. Unless you're a celebrity, nobody gives a crud what you are doing...do you guys really think people go on twitter and see what you posted? LOLz...

6. Caddyman

people care a lot about what i post actually.

7. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

As I said in a recent tweet:
    Twitter is a lot like talking to yourself in public....Without being harassed by the police or being dragged in for psychiatric observation.

8. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The people that follow them do. I would recommend getting an education in Twitter before posting again...

9. Adelphoid

Adelphoid New Member

So I'm wondering if anyone has any more recent thoughts on this? Rogers just updated the Magic to Sense, which included Peep, and the functionality seems to be much the same, so I'm wondering whether I should even bother downloading another Twitter app (I used Seesmic, not Twidroid before).

The problems referred to above seem to have been pre-release problems, so I'm wondering if anyone has more recent experience comparing the two.

Thanks!

10. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

peep sucks

11. ninjoblio

ninjoblio Member

I found that Peep doesn't show your @replies/mentions if you name isn't the first thing in the tweet. So, '@your-name blah blah blah' will show up in Peep, but 'Blah blah @you-name blah blah' will not.

I'm using Twidroid now. I like that you can select a tweet and it gives you a pop-up to open a link, reply, retweet, etc. Makes the whole experience less clumsy IMO.

12. spawn

spawn Well-Known Member

it is true. I tested this and you are able to get the mention if you use seesmic for example but you do not get the mention if you use Peep

13. Charlie81

Charlie81 Well-Known Member

I vote peep. Because I like the widget, I just use peep to read news. No need for anything else. What's with the Twitter hate? Subscribe to npr or cspan or democracy now.... its s pretty good source of news. Not just john mayer farting into a telephone.

14. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

Peep works great for me

15. arock

arock Well-Known Member

I prefer peep, but im not a huge twitter person either so that makes a difference. I dont tweet myself, but i follow alot of places for news and other stuff. Peep works great for that. Most of the people i know that use twitter alot use twidroid or swift, and each has their own reason for liking one over the other.

16. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i like twidroid.....

17. fahertyps

fahertyps Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues after installing twidroid? I purchased the Pro version and after I restarted my phone I had error messages and no phone signal. I uninstalled it and no errors. Tried going back to twidroid (free) and still errors/no phone on reboot.

18. Caddyman

did you give it a few minutes after the reboot?

i can't see how twidroid would do that, but it is not out of the realm of possibility.

(i use twidroid free)

19. mike295

mike295 Well-Known Member

yeah its kinda odd the way you reply to someone in peep. Unless i am doing it completely wrong you can not just click on the tweet message and reply to the person like twidroid.

20. fahertyps

fahertyps Well-Known Member

There were multiple android error messages that kept popping up. I just sent a note to the twidroid guys to see if they have any ideas. Will post back if I get it fixed.

21. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

I use the peep widget to read and the twidroid app to tweet.

22. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

I'm actually having a different trouble since the update. It used to remember where my last tweet was....now when I open it, it's opening to the very last one, and I have to try to remember where I last looked.

23. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I use peep, but I don't really tweet. I just use it to get news.

24. gener1c

gener1c Well-Known Member

I actually prefer Seesmic (free) but it needs a widget. Peep lacks alot of polish and features besides having a good widget. Twidroid is 4 or 5 bucks without ads. Twitter and facebook apps should not be costing 5 bucks.

25. Caddyman

why not if you use it a lot? should all devs work for free and produce top apps just cause it makes them feel warm and fuzzy?

any app that helps me a great deal is worth 5 bux IMO.

seesmic seems popular but it crashed constantly for me.