1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Twidroyd vs Twitter (official) App

Twidroyd vs Twitter (official) App

1. Twidroyd

28 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Twitter (official) App

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Other

34 vote(s)
    42.0%

Last Updated:

1. JackTheKnife

JackTheKnife Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Twidroyd vs Twitter (official) App - lets the battle will begin ;) Which one and why.

Advertisement
  2. DaRealHibachi

DaRealHibachi New Member

HTC Peep... Integrates nicely with the Sense interface...

3. ladyc0524

ladyc0524 Well-Known Member

Twidroyd-has auto-completion of @usernames, twitlonger, remembers your place in timeline, color themes (in Pro edition)

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

twicca beta :)

5. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

I like Twidroyd because its full-screen widget is interactive and I can easily see the most recent tweets without having to go into the app itself. The widgets, however, are only available with the PRO version, as far as I recall.

I think the Peep (HTC) widget is great, especially because it's scrollable, and the app is really nice, but not having any ability to view your searches or see trends is a real bummer, so you kinda have to use another app (like the Twitter official app) to see them. Hence, Twidroyd PRO works for me as it's the most functional.

I hope more developers making Twitter apps think about the widgets! It's a true advantage of Android over other phones, so when they sometimes make them with just a single tweet on them instead of the ability to scroll through many, I always find it a bit of a shame.

cornbreadfarts -- Like you, I tried twicca and I think it has great potential. Will definitely keep an eye on that one to see how it improves.

6. m165

m165 Well-Known Member

Touiteur!

7. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

8. JackTheKnife

I would like to test it but all the time I can't log in and have got errors about API :\

9. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

i like twicca because you can set the color codes for each person, so its highlighted. i keep my Titans players in blue, friends/family in green, comics in another color, and so on. that way i can fastly scroll through ones i dont wanna read right then.

10. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

Touiteur by far and ive used all of the above. You can set color codes for every person in Touiteur too and the interface is way better.

11. ladyc0524

I just switched to twicca and I'm really liking this app. I love the color tagging, although I wish it had more colors. I've been switching between several twitter apps for the past two weeks; hopefully I can find one that I'll stick with for good!

12. cr0wnest

cr0wnest Well-Known Member

Been using the official twitter app since it came out, but recently I've been using twidroyd because it has more options. Only problem is out doesn't seen to show retweets, but I emailed the developer and they said they hope to release an update by september to allow users to see retweets.

13. ibleedbloo

ibleedbloo Well-Known Member

I am happily rockin TweetCaster. Tried them all and this is the one that has stuck.

14. cr0wnest

Alright just tried using twicca and its great too! Though i wish the interface would be more customisable. I find it too dark. :\ Color tagging is a GREAT idea, i hope they will allow custom color in future. Auto-refresh on start up would be good too.

15. JackTheKnife

Any idea how to get Twicca to work on Captivate?

16. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

Twicca = best free twitter IMO

17. midge37

midge37 Well-Known Member

No one mentioned Seesmic yet? Tried the others, but keep coming back to Seesmic!

18. mhrc4

mhrc4 Well-Known Member

Been bouncing back and forth between seesmic and the official twitter app, but end up using the official app more.

19. Ally305

Ally305 Well-Known Member

I used to have Twidroid and I loved it. Then I updated it and it all went downhill from there. I now use Touiter Premium and it is by far the best Touiter app on the market in my opinion. I tweet alot and I have tried most apps and uninstalled quickly. Touiter Premium is created by the same people that created Beautiful Widgets. Which is why it's awesome!!!

20. m165

m165 Well-Known Member

Twicca is nice yes, however it always gives a connection error when going into my messages or mentions! Thats why I end up back at Touiteur.

As for colour coding, who needs that when you can use lists? :p I sort the people I follow into lists, so if I just want to see my friends updates, I just go into that list. Same for news, design, technology ect.

21. ladyc0524

Same here with me. I keep switching between Touiteur and the official twitter app, and I always seem to end up back at the official app.

22. cr0wnest

Ive been switching between twicca and twidroyd recently. They both seem to have something that is better than the other. :\

23. dredayholiday

dredayholiday Member

I use Touiteir (sp?) Pro. awesome Twitter app. the best. twitlonger, cui cui browser thing is great for looking at links in Twitter posts.

24. daviss

daviss Member

I switch between official and Twidroyd pro. I would use twicca if it automatically added geotag to each tweets like official and Twidroyd. Toutuir doesn't support geotags in any way if I recall

25. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

Why on earth do you want people to know exactly where you're tweeting from...i've never understood the point of it.