Twitter App Question...

Last Updated:

1. Deda B!

Deda B! Member This Topic's Starter

I searched for an answer and I didn't find it, so hopefully I'm not making a duplicate thread. OK so I'm new to Android so the EVO is my first shot at it and I have an important question:

I've been a BlackBerry user for a long time and my Twitter addiction is monsterous. I used Ubertwitter on the BB back then. Is there a Twitter app for the EVO that will color-code @replies and DMs in my timeline? This is very important to me because I am using Peep and, well, it's not so great. It's plain white so all the tweets look the same and I don't notice the @replies, etc. I know some of the apps allow you to color-code your friends, but I don't want to do that. Only @replies and DMs. Is there one out there that does this?

And another question:

Is there a Twitter app that doesn't refresh each time you go into it? I'd like to be able to pick up where I left off instead of having to scroll down and see what I missed. That plus color-coding @replies would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisement
  2. cybric

cybric Member

I don't know if any or the twitter apps don't refresh but I like "Tweetcaster" over any of the other apps I've tried.

Deda B! likes this.
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

Seesmic. I don't get many @ or DMs :) but the ones I do are.
    It does refresh but it doesn't scroll when it does it.

Deda B! likes this.
  4. Froghair

Froghair Member

I like Twicca, and it does not refresh until you want it to.

Deda B! likes this.
  5. AGeleff

AGeleff Active Member

Twicca is awesome, but it isn't very well implemented with the keyboard's prediction and capitalization API.

Use Seesmic. Nothing I've used has beaten it.

Deda B! likes this.
  6. jrob214

jrob214 Member

I've tried twidroid when I 1st got my EVO and it was cool but heard about Touiteur and gave it a shot and was blown away. it does exactly what you looking for by color coordinating between replies. Give it a try its in the market.

Deda B! likes this.
  7. kkwus74

kkwus74 Well-Known Member

I'm using toutieur and you can color code anything lol.its perfect for me.and there is an option for refreshing too.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Deda B! likes this.
  8. hammondfra

hammondfra VIP Member VIP Member

^^ use the same one...so far it is nice...I miss ubertwitter tho.

Deda B! likes this.
  9. ibleedbloo

ibleedbloo Well-Known Member

My current Twitter App vote is for TweetCaster, though I reserve the right to change it at any time. I have tried all the different Twitter Apps I can find and so far TweetCaster is the one I've used the most and keep going back to.

I can't say anything bad about the other apps, but TweetCaster does what I need and it has been very reliable. I'm sure I will continue to try other apps as they evolve but for the next few days I will be 100% TweetCaster.

Deda B! likes this.
  10. Deda B!

Deda B! Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to everyone who replied. I've given them all a try and I will be using Seesmic. It's pretty plain, but it does everything I mentioned so I'm happy. Thanks again to you all!

11. ortizdupri

ortizdupri Active Member

Honestly, I think the official Twitter app is the best one out of the bunch.

12. djshy

djshy Member

so far i'm liking seesmic... it allows me to upload videos on twitter...as the official twitter app does not... and you can't add a pic from your gallery directly from the twitter app..you have to do it in the gallery of pics then send to twitter...