Twitter App Sync

Last Updated:

1. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 20, 2010
    Can't seem to find an answer in other threads, so here goes....

Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync

It shows 2 Twitter entries on the sync list (I use the stock Twitter app that came with the phone).

Entry 1 has a large 't' logo and I can change Account Settings, Sync tweet, and Sync friend.

Entry 2 has a small 't' logo and I can change Sync Twitter data and Sync contacts.

Are both these entries part of the same Twitter app? When I select Account Settings from the first app on the list, the page title appears as 'Peep' for a couple of seconds before changing 'Settings'. Could it be that the above entries are for Peep and the stock Twitter app, even though I don't use Peep?

My main reason for asking is that the Twitter app is set to update every 2 hours, but it seems this isn't happening, and I'm wondering if there's a clash somewhere.

2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I also had Twitter twice on the sync list. My solution was to go into peep and delete my twitter account details.

On my phone peep was pre installed and I downloaded the official twitter app from the market.

I'm not sure why the sync isn't happening but I've noticed that mine seems to stop sometimes too.
  3. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I think you will find it's something to do with Friends Stream - that seems to need the second T entry.